Fake Tan!

Options
gomisskellygo
gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
I am pale. I am so pale that this weekend I was blinded by the sun reflecting off of the water and my skin! I do not tan. Especially my legs. My skin will not allow it to happen. My arms and look tan but its actually a gazillion freckles! Irish to core over here!

Does anybody really pale use a self tanner? Go to spray tan?

I know I could suck up being pale, and I certainly do not want to burn, but my legs look sickly!!

Thanks!

Replies

• ProudArmyWifey8
    Options
    I have very pale skin burn super easy

I use self tanner st.topez from sephora its expensive but worth it. You look naturally tan :)))
  • gomisskellygo
    Options

I use self tanner st.topez from sephora its expensive but worth it. You look naturally tan :)))

Thank you. Is it a lotion or a spray?
  • earthtoemilyy
    Options
    the sephora stuff is great (what from there isn't!) but the jergens stuff works just as well for me! and its only like $8 for a bottle.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options

I've heard st tropez is amazing
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Just go to Hampton Beach and work on killing your skin slowly like the rest of us ;]
  • TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Options
    I'm a little prejudiced against tanning beds because my friend got skin cancer at 16 from being in a tanning bed too often. but laying out in the sun can be just as dangerous. just make sure you slowly build up your tan and don't lay out for too long the first few times :smile: but I use tanning oil to keep my skin soft and to get "golden" quickly. I love swimming so that's usually how I get tan.

(and I have super pale skin in the winter, but get really brown in summer haha)
  • Haylz_ish
    Haylz_ish Posts: 80
    Options
    Yeah St Tropez do the best tans. Try and find a gradual tan if you are worried about coming out too bronze!! I also highly reccommend using a tanning glove it makes the tan go on alot smoother and prevents oompa loompa hands haha. I always use a mousse or cream, never a spray- gets everywhere! :S
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    St. Tropez and Tan Towel are my two favorites. They work best if you use them over a natural tan, even if it's a light tan.
  • littlelaurie14
    littlelaurie14 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm superrrrr pale! I started using Jergins Natural Glow lotion... It gives some really good gradual color.. It's perfect for fair skinned people!
  • gomisskellygo
    Options
    Just go to Hampton Beach and work on killing your skin slowly like the rest of us ;]

Hampton, lol. And blind you?
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    It's called tan in a can and it streaks and makes you look like a carrot. I am also pale :/ embrace your skin tone!!
  • golightlyphilosophy
    Options
    I'm naturally tan, but I give myself an extra glow with the neutrogena micro-mist tan spray. If you follow the directions right it doesn't streak, and I never look orange. It gives my skin a really pretty glow for several days after applying.
  • Firephoenix013
    Options
    I used a spray tan and it did look good but going once a week was NOT going to get me the tan color to match the color of my arms. I had to go twice a week. I went to LA Tan on Mondays for their 10 dollar spray tan days and then bought a 3 time package for 50.00 so I could go twice a week. After going I found out spray tans can change your cells in your body, mutate them. So next time I'm just going to go somewhere looking like a zebra, tan arms, white as all get out legs as my legs do not tan. Do I care? Nope. I'd rather be normal compared to mutated cells. No one knows how bad the mutations will be or what they will cause since spray tanning is new. So I don't suggest it.
  • gomisskellygo
    Options
    I'm a little prejudiced against tanning beds because my friend got skin cancer at 16 from being in a tanning bed too often. but laying out in the sun can be just as dangerous. just make sure you slowly build up your tan and don't lay out for too long the first few times :smile: but I use tanning oil to keep my skin soft and to get "golden" quickly. I love swimming so that's usually how I get tan.

(and I have super pale skin in the winter, but get really brown in summer haha)

I am pale because I wear SPF a million :smile: My arms, chest , and face will tan with the sunscreen. I am looking for a non-sun remedey for my sickly legs..lol.. sorry about your friend. My sunscreen obssessed friend also got skin cancer. Scary!
  • Paradis
    Paradis Posts: 54
    Options
    I agree.The old beds were not uv free and now they are and give you lots of vitamin D, help anxiety all kind of good thing.But you gotta pay more for there beds but worth it!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I've used a lotion self tan. It was very hard to keep even and any spot I rubbed over twice would end up twice as orange. I don't use it anymore.

Some tanning salons offer a spray tan where you stand in a booth and the tan swirls around you. This doesn't last long (1-2 days) and is more expensive than the lotion.

I just deal with the blinding white and moan quietly to myself about it. It is ok!
  • gomisskellygo
    Options
    I used a spray tan and it did look good but going once a week was NOT going to get me the tan color to match the color of my arms. I had to go twice a week. I went to LA Tan on Mondays for their 10 dollar spray tan days and then bought a 3 time package for 50.00 so I could go twice a week. After going I found out spray tans can change your cells in your body, mutate them. So next time I'm just going to go somewhere looking like a zebra, tan arms, white as all get out legs as my legs do not tan. Do I care? Nope. I'd rather be normal compared to mutated cells. No one knows how bad the mutations will be or what they will cause since spray tanning is new. So I don't suggest it.

Yuck. Okay! Thanks!
  • kmoore02
    kmoore02 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    The title "Fake Tan" caught my eye and reminded me of this guy I met years ago. We were in a sales meeting in November in St Louis. This guy was from Minnesota and was giving a presentation. No one heard what he said because they couldn't figure out how he became a burnt orange in November from Minnesota! It was the funniest thing I ever saw...
  • Paradis
    Paradis Posts: 54
    Options
    Sprays & Lotions are so not good for you.Google the products in them.I do a ev free bed and love it.It even reduces breast cancer and lots more stuff.
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    the sephora stuff is great (what from there isn't!) but the jergens stuff works just as well for me! and its only like $8 for a bottle.

I love the Jergens brand I use it every year. I can't handle my pale legs. :)