Hey what has the stimulus package stimulated you to buy?

Options
kjllose
kjllose Posts: 948 Member
I'd love to say some equipment like an elliptical but I think it will go into my house just to get it a little further along. I can't say I don't love money but sooner or later someone will have to pay for this little goodie they are throwing our way. Hope this doesn't tweek anyone's shnoz the wrong way, I know politics, politics, maybe not a good idea to write about but I was a little bored........:bigsmile:

Replies

• kjllose
    Options
    I'd love to say some equipment like an elliptical but I think it will go into my house just to get it a little further along. I can't say I don't love money but sooner or later someone will have to pay for this little goodie they are throwing our way. Hope this doesn't tweek anyone's shnoz the wrong way, I know politics, politics, maybe not a good idea to write about but I was a little bored........:bigsmile:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Paying bills, get a little in savings. We're boring. :smile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Ours was pretty much already spent! We bought two airline tickets (multi-city trip) to Oregon, then to Santa Barbara, and then back to NY to see my family (in OR) and my father-in-law (in SB), in early July. We had used a CC for the tickets...so we just paid that off. We have a bit left over.....we shall see!!
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    goin on bills bills bills.:ohwell:
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    we putting some of it away to go south carolins in august and then were gonna go to michigans adventure in june it is spent,, of course.. gas will take up most of it.
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm buying a MacBook!! I might use 1/2 of it on a down payment, pray for 1 year interest free to pay the rest off, and then save the other 1/2 for our move...

Buuuut, I gotta do my part of the stimulation!! :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Booked a hotel in Hot Springs, for our 10-year anniversary this fall. :drinker:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    All of mine is going to credit cards due to a very expensive trip to Europe at the end of this month...
  • moidyn
    moidyn Posts: 112
    Options
    I am with you on the MacBook!! And I paid for a cruise that I had put on my credit card...
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm using mine to pay down my credit card bill.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    same here bringing down my credit card balances.....remodeled a few rooms and ouch! they look awesome but lets just say its coming at the right time!

I may splurge on red sox tickets too and oh SHOES! lol
    hugs!
    ali
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Probably furniture for the new house. Who the heck knows, it isn't going to go very far though.
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I over spent on the recent move, so I have to pay bills with min :grumble:
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Treadmill. My elliptical is about shot and I love to walk, but the PacNW is not always conducive to walking, plus no good hills. I would rather do the elliptical at the gym and still get my 4 miles done on rainy days instead of sitting contemplating what looks good in the house to eat. The rest in savings and a little for a dinner cruise for our anniversary in June.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Bill............ okay, make that bills, not buying bills, paying bills, what else is there?
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping closing costs...If we ever get the stupid house...
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough, we are saving it to pay taxes :noway: - property taxes - there isn't an income tax in Texas, so the property taxes are rather high.
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Stimulate the economy? Don't know about all you folks but here in MIchigan everyone is struggling. So my money is going for GAS, more expensive groceries and bills because I might not even have a job in a few weeks. I'm a nurse with a contract that expires end of this week(union) and all the talk is STRIKE!!!!! So my money is going to keep my family eating, though it won't go very far.:cry:
  • kjllose
    Options
    I hear you all, and your right it won't go very far, I just meant it sarcasticly and you can't get that across well on the computer, but I guessed I could have typed it. lol where is the sarcastic smiley face when we need him, will this do:tongue: ? I just hate the thought of giving it to the credit card monsters but they have to be fed too. Yow with the price of gas going up maybe I'll have to worry about my job as a schoolbus driver, but here in Vermont that only leaves horses :tongue: Wouldn't that take forever, my route takes an hour with the bus. Giginator I hope your job doesn't go down the tubes. :flowerforyou: I felt the crunch on my grocery bill too, but I figured I eat less now than I ever did before, although the fresh veggies are expensive. I can't wait for my garden. Soon very very soon.
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    We are remodeling the bathroom, so the economic stimulus payment means we can do it sooner rather than later!:bigsmile: