Bodybugg, worth the money?

Options
I was watching a video on youtube and they were talking about the bodybugg and how amazing it is.
My questions are
Is it worth the money?
Do you have to a subscription to their website to use the bodybugg?
Is it comfortable?
Can I use the bodybugg without the digital display?
I just really need a more accurate HRM and calories burned.
I saw one on ebay i might get.

Replies

• kherezae
    kherezae Posts: 1
    Options
    I've been using the New Balance N4 heart monitor for a little over a week now, and it's been working great for me and only cost $60. It's comfortable and pretty easy to use, and as far as I can tell really accurate.
  • Xniecex
    Xniecex Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The bodybugg IS a subscription service. When you buy the band you get 6mos. After that you must pay for it. If you are thinking about getting one but do not want the subscription fee.... check out a FitBit. But kinda sorta do the same thing. Just to different degrees.

Once you get used to the armband.... you dont even notice its there!!
    You do not need the display but it helps motivate you sinve you can see how close (or how far??) you are from your target/goals.
    Body bugg does have their own food diary but i prefer myfitpal. Bodybugg and myfitpal do not sync; fitbit does (supposedly).

ETA:: Bodybugg is NOT a HRM.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    The bodybugg is not a HRM.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    The Body Bugg (Ki Fit over here) is subscription and is better than a pedometer for me as I cycle, walk and crcuit train. On the bike a pedometer adds loads of steps if I go down a rough road surface the Ki fit does not, but adds minuites to the physical activity section, Even though it is on my arm it can tell the differance between bicep curls and walking, again adding the steps / minuites into the relevant section of the report.

I use MFP to log my food as it is a better system for me with a better database of foods and then transfer the total calories into Body Media.

As for comfort you very soon forget it is there and have to remember to take it off before getting into the shower.
  • Slackergrrl
    Options
    We're using the Bodybugg in our kickboxing program. It's an easy way to log food and it tracks the calories burned and the steps taken. We bought the version that syncs up with our smartphones. So far, I really like it. After awhile, you don't notice the arm band. Sometimes it has tendency to slip when I work out. I believe you get 6 months when you buy the device and after that time you have to subscribe.

I say do it.
  • Gelts
    Gelts Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love by body bugg. It is really accurate. Syncs with my smart phone. Let's you know how many caloies you have burned in a twenty four hour period. Let's you know how many steps to take. Gives you six month website use and also a live coach for one hour to help you transition into using body bugg. Quite frankly I don't know why I stopped using it. The tracker is great and it has much more detail to what your eating than MFP. My trainer has me using this site.