Looking For Others Wanting To Lose 150 + Pounds!

Options
I am looking for others wanting to lose 150 + lbs !
I started at 290 - and want to be 130.

Heres a bit about me! PLEASE add or message me if you want to talk - I love meeting new friends!

My name is Ashley. I am 19 years old - will be 20 in November.
I completed high school in June 2010 - and went to college in September 2011 for Accounting.
However, I didn't finish my course as I found no interest in it. (It was not what I thought it would be) So I am going back September 2012 - this time for Early Childhood Education/Special Needs.
I have been overweight my entire life.
I have been classified as obese for the better part of my teen years.

When I was little, at my dads house (parents split when I was a few months old) I was allowed to eat anything, and everything. It was really a case of "eat this junk and shut up" all the time. My sister and I both were fat kids. And it seemed to mainly come from that.
In grade 8, I didn't think I was good enough for my boyfriend, and he was my first boyfriend so he was the only thing that mattered at the time. I decided to stop eating since I weighed 10 lbs more than him. Well, after 3 months of eating barely anything, I had lost weight, and lost 4 pant sizes, going from a 11, to a 7. But I ended up just being depressed about myself and we broke up. I was never happy, I started comfot eating, I would harm myself and beat myself up over how useless I felt.
I then started to eat again, and between breaking up in May 2006, and Christmas of grade 9 - 2006 as well - I gained back all the weight, plus more.
I went back up from a 7 to an 13 really quick. I hit 200 pounds. I cried so bad that day and swore I would never get any bigger.. but that didn't happen.
I spent all grade 9 and 10 not careing about my weight, and hit size 16. I didn't notice until it was the summer between grades 10 and 11, when I moved to another part of my town, and had to way to see anyone, and I spent the whole summer eating crap, and playing video games, that when I went through my clothes for grade 11, I realized nothing fit. I was barely able to squeeze into a 18 - but I did it.
I spent all grade 11 and most of 12 at a 18/20 in pants. Failing miserably every time I would diet. I was bullied, had no friends, and barely went to school - but thats how it was for a long time, as I never had friends in school (except when I starved myself , people then talked to me)
After high school, I had no social life, so I was rarely out - and I worked at tim hortons, always eating bad food and drinking coffee with tons of sugar..
Next thing you know, I am 290 pounds - and size 24 in pants.
I cried for a week really.
But It STILL didnt motivate me.
So I have spent a year at this size - now I'm saying goodbye to it.
I don't need to be this weight.
I don't want to be this weight.
I WONT BE THIS WEIGHT.
I will not hit 300 pounds. So far I am at 282 pounds.
I will only go down.
So this is me.
Today - I am fighting for the girl I know is inside me.
I am going to be the person I was meant to be, and not let food control me.

Replies

• LeeshaNichole
    LeeshaNichole Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Your story sounds so much like mine but I have about 11 years on you. hehe Please feel free to add me! Good luck in your journey! You got this!!!!!!!
  • rocketpopsicles
    Options
    Age doesn't matter - we are all here to be healthy ! :)
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    just remember baby steps honey... we didn't get fat overnight and we won't get fit overnight...

we can do this! ;)
  • amberesabraxton
    Options
    :happy: Hi Ashley,
    I know just how you feel. I'm 268 right now and I'm only shooting for 180 at this point, also I'm not as young as you are I'm 59 but I do remember how hard it was in high school being over weight. You are so young and this is the right time to step out there and get off the weight. My only advise is, what ever you do, do it for yourself. Never listen to people who tell you that you can't lose the weight and always hold you head up high no matter what. The world is yours, spread out and waiting for you, make it what you want it to be. You can do it.
    All things are possible with God,:wink:
    Resa
  • eastgurl2001
    Options
    You can add me, my goal is to lose about 120 lbs cause to get down to 120 seems a bit out of reach for me, but I would lie to try and be a support system for you and I could use some motivation too.

Im tired of the fat jokes that my hubby says, I know he loves me for me, and I know that I joke about my weight, it just hurts more when he says it. And I've decided that I really need to do something about it
  • CeCe_oceansoul_420
    CeCe_oceansoul_420 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You sound a LOT like me. Like you, I tried diets only to fail. Starved myself and then over-ate. Kept reaching set limits and then going past them. So disappointing.

I need to lose about 175 pounds or so.

Feel free to add me. I'd be happy to help motivate (and be motivated by) you!
  • gussie1026
    gussie1026 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of us in this boat! I came into this world weighing 9 lbs & 10oz and by the time I hit 25 I was over 200 lbs. By 45 I had just finished grad school and had nudged up to 300; got on Jenny Craig and lost 50 lbs for my daughter's wedding, then went back to old habits and by 60 was back up to 300. Been on so many 'diets' over the years. . . too many to count.

No diet for me this time; I'm making life style changes. I'm keeping track of protein intake, fiber and fat grams as well as calories. In the past I just worried about calories. Watching the fat grams has been a real eye opener. I've lost 70 lbs so am about half way there. It's taken a year, and it seems like in a year I should have been able to lose 100 lbs, but this is where I'm at and I am healthieir, more active, less sedentary than I have been in years and years! YEA, ME!! :)

MFP has been a big part of that; I'm able to access it at work, at home, on my digital phone, anywhere I go and that helps me look up foods and make wise choices. Sometimes I look at the menu, know what I want (thinking it is a wise choice), then look it up before ordering and think, "Well, maybe not!"

You are all very encouraging and your stores are uplifting. When I get discouraged, I just read a few posts and I'm pumped once again and ready to go. THANKS, MFP PALS!!