Exercise Motivation

Options
Sooooo I'm sitting on my couch, exhausted from work and inevitably my low-carb diet. I'd like to go for a run but I'm just exhausted. I need some serious motivation. The fact that I hate cardio, mayyyy have something to do with it.

Help? Suggestions on overcoming?

Replies

• simplysassi
    simplysassi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Dancing !
  • ShadowSP7
    ShadowSP7 Posts: 53
    Options
    The problem i have with cardio is that it takes too long to burn calories unless you do it vigorously, maybe try 15 min at a time at a fast pace, running always goes by faster than walking for me. Do you do your cardio at a gym or run at a park? I do mine at the gym, i found that if I go home before I go to the gym, forget about it, I will just hit the couch and get lazy. so what I do is pack my gym clothes and some street clothes in a gym bag and go straight after work.

Maybe if you try that it will help you out.
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    find cardio you like??

I hate running (although I do run with a friend... because it is time we can spend together)

I LOVE riding my bike....

the key to exercise is liking it enough to do it when you don't feel like it
  • bixa
    bixa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just do it. I skipped a full week of working out because I was too tired. I woke up today, put my gym clothes on and just did it, even though I wasn't up to it. Once I got there and started, I wasn't as exhausted and unwilling. I'm super sore now though, which I absolutely hate.

If you hate cardio, maybe you should just do like....10-15 minutes, and then do weights. Or just go for a quick walk. That's what I do when I'm really not feeling it. I also don't come home and sit down. I find that if I sit and relax it's easier to talk myself out of moving. If I come home and put my gym clothes on and just go immediately, it seems easier.

It's rough to do it when you're not up to it, but as the saying goes, "I regret that workout," said no one ever.
  • LetsDoTh1S
    LetsDoTh1S Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I like that! You never regret working out!
  • baabaabetsy
    Options
    I find that I'm too lazy or tired to work out after work--so I was up at 6am every morning and do my workout. It was tough at first but I haven't missed a work out in months and I feel amazing. When you wake up, there's no time to think ughhh I don't want to do this. You get up, put your clothes on and start working out. Also, I recommend spicing it up with other things--weight lifting namely, and other forms of cardio. Get some work out videos and do some dancing. Try HIIT running--you don't have to run as long and it's more interesting than just running... and running... and running... ;) Lately, I've been doing extra work outs at night because I've been doing TurboFire work outs. They're so fun I actually want to do them!

Make it fun! Good luck!