college girl changing lifestyle!

Options
Hi guys! Ive always had myfitnesspal but never really put effort into using this! Today is a new day. I am looking at some friends to help motivate each other on our way to loosing those pounds :)

Yes, I am in college so you can imagine its a little hard when I am surrounded by fast food, late nights, social settings, etc. It is so hard ! I have been struggling with my weight ever since high school. I have always been about 40 pounds over weight...the reason being is that i love, LOVE food. I love it! So when its near me in access, I cant help but have a bite or 2. Sooo I am hoping myfitnesspal will help be conscious of what I eat by maintaining a certain calorie intake. But don't get me wrong, I love exercising. It is a passion of mine ;)

I encourage you to add me as a friend so we can work together in fulfilling out goals!

Anybody have this struggle?

Replies

• xoaria
    xoaria Posts: 9
    Options
    I'd love to be friends to help support and encourage each other on here! :)

I'm also a college/university student and yes it's sooooo hard! Thank goodness it's the summer which is why I decided to start trying to get myself on a healthier lifestyle now.

Anyways, I'll send you a friend request. :) I'm new to the site but 100% dedicated.
  • StephStepByStep
    StephStepByStep Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm in college as well and I know how tempting it can be, especially with drinking, late night pizza runs, and the dining hall choices. Next year I won't have a meal plan so hopefully that will help me make better decisions when it comes to eating. Add me as a friend if you like and we can encourage eachother :)
  • jeezekaitlynn
    Options
    I am also in college. It's definitely a change of pace. I have gained a bit of weight since leaving high school a year or so ago. I am new to this site and want to drop this weight! I will send you a friend request!
  • angTp21
    angTp21 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ditto, gained a ton of weight in college. Looking to use the next year to lose what I gained in the first two years :P

Everyone feel free to add me :)
  • HorseWithNoName27
    HorseWithNoName27 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Totally know what you mean!! I'm not in school anymore but I've been living on my own since I was 18 (I'm almost 21 now) and have gained the freshman fifteen and more...whether living on my own or with a roomie or two, my house was the prime spot for pizza parties and midnight Taco Bell runs! No more though, not worth it! :P

You can add me if you want, I'm looking for friends on here too :)
  • kad254
    kad254 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yep, totally in the same boat. I find it the hardest when I want to be social but not add calories at parties :/
  • bright_and_shiny
    Options
    I'm a student too, always happy to make new friends! Feel free to add me! :)
    Shiny
  • GracieDover
    Options
    I feel ya! I'm a college girl as well trying to be healthy and lose weight while not obsessing on calories!
  • rebeccahenn
    Options
    totally feel you! Ive always been super into fitness but its really hard to stay healthy when your food options are not. I would love to add you as a friend =]
  • mkalinski333
    Options
    I would love to be friends and be there for each other during this! I'm in college too and I usually make great strides during the summer but going back to school is tough. I hope we can all be here for motivation, support, exercise and recipe ideas! :) Please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Tachimai
    Tachimai Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi! I have the same issue. I just started working out and then shortly after had Mcdonalds to eat! Food is a weakness of mine, and sometimes motivation seems to be lacking for me. Being friends would be a great way to keep us both inspired to work out! I am also attending college, and I tend to get the midnight study munchies on! Im attempting to change the way I eat and work out bit by bit, so that I dont lose heart too early in this game we call "health"
  • ohmyshysamantha
    ohmyshysamantha Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm a college student as well, campus/college town food is a nightmare, I'm spending my last year and a half of college trying to undo the damage I've done in the last 2 years and then some. feel free to add me everybody
  • charbear94
    charbear94 Posts: 43
    Options
    i am in college too and struggling to keep losing/maintain my weight! it can be really tough sometimes with crazy work and class schedules. I hope you don't mind if I add you as a friend, lol I am looking for girls with similiar goals to me for some support and motivation!
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm a grad student and I know the pain of class schedules and budgetting meals while trying to stay healthy. Just started MFP so let's be friends
  • JacquelineKalipeni
    Options
    I am no longer in college, but I know that I should have done this when I was in college and my tuition paid for the gym, lol. But I am now changing my life, one day at a time. If you ever need some help, let me know. You can befriend me here or on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fat-Like-Me/303976952987498!!! Keep up the good work.