Replies

• janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    If it fits in with your calories then carry on enjoying it. :smile:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits into your calories and you aren't going way over on fat - then it's a pretty good choice.
    You might like to check the label and make sure there aren't too many unnecessary ingredients (a good pb should really just have peanuts and maybe a bit of salt and doesn't need anything else).

If you want to change things around a bit, you might also like almond butter, or my favourite- almond, cashew and brazil butter - delicious!
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Yeah if it fits into your calorie goal, there's nothing wrong with it :)

I have a spoonful when I'm craving it
  • kymdarnell
    kymdarnell Posts: 101
    Options
    thats what i have to up my calories - and also on celery - yummy :-)
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    PB is NEVER bad! OK, I lied, it can be bad if you eat too much of it (like anything else), but 2 tbs is a regular serving, I think you'll be just fine.
  • poppy191
    poppy191 Posts: 10
    Options
    I've heard its very good for you - a friend of mine is on a high protein diet and has peanut butter everyday its only bad when you have it on a thick slice of white bread. Peanut butter is full of protein and good fats and provided you buy something healthy like whole earth which has no added nasties in it, its a fantastic snack particularly if you are vegetarian! However, peanuts arent great if you suffer from allergies and they don't have the same trace elements as nuts like walnuts or brazils. I also have pumpkin seed butter and hazelnut butter instead of butter. So Id make sure you add in other nuts to your diet as well. I read somewhere that people who eat nuts such as almonds, brazil nuts and walnuts are thinner than those who dont but avoid salted nuts and macadamia nuts.

Hope this helps!
  • tcm118
    tcm118 Posts: 54
    Options
    I also eat it almost daily. It goes on whole wheat toast every morning for breakfast. :)
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    I eat it every now & again. I saw a recipe here that was peanut butter & greek yogurt mixed to cut down on calories/fat but still tasted like real peanut butter. Search the recipe section. You may find that it works for you & doesn't dive too much into your daily caloric intake.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Natural peanut butter will keep your sodium down, but for the most part, peanut butter is good for you. It is full of healthy fats that will keep you satiated and offers a modest amount of protein.
  • Shawneb66
    Shawneb66 Posts: 124
    Options
    It's my favorite thing to have on Rice Cakes!! Very filling!
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I eat it every day on my banana, and sometimes I have 1 Tbls on a Vitatop. Yummy!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and banana protein smoothies (with chocolate or vanilla)!

Flippin' amazing!
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I try to only do one tablespoon a day. I buy natural peanut butter as well.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    PB rocks. I have reduced my serving size over time to actually be a real serving size though LOL. 2 Tbl spoons isn't nearly as much as I thought it was. Now I weigh my spoon, dip some PB, and weigh it again. I don't have it daily because I don't always have the calories, but oh YUM on the days I can fit it in!
  • Berto0391
    Berto0391 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Eat it all you want as long as it fits into your goals