Need weight loss tips please!

Options
I'm 18, and would like to lose 100 pounds all together. I'd like to lose 4 pounds a week.
this is my 3rd week, i have already lost 12.5 pounds by cutting my diet and fat intake down, purchasing a powerplate and using that 30 minutes a day, and doing 20 minutes of cardio every 2 days. also joined a gym, so go there to use the bike 2 times a week.

I'm quite desperate for any helpful tips for what exercise burns the most calories, any low fat low cal snacks, and what you found helped you most!
Thank you all in advance :)

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose 4 pounds a week.
    That's not really a sustainable rate, to be honest.
  • srawr
    srawr Posts: 32
    Options
    Ideally 4 pounds a week would be perfect, but I want to aim to lose at LEAST 2 pounds a week.
  • camelgirlmn
    camelgirlmn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I drank tons of water.... And started adding more veggies to my diet. I only lose about a pound or sometimes 2 a week. Unless Im stuck at a plateu. They say you should lose it at a reasonable rate in order to maintain your health and keep the weight off. A low calorie snack for me is popcorn!!! The one where you have to make it yourself, otherwise it can be high in sodium and thats something im tryin to aviod. but popcorn is low calorie!
  • srawr
    Options
    Yeah I drink lots of water ^^ eat around 1200-1300 calories a day.

Thank you very much:)
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    some shirtless men will be along shortly to tell you to lift things you can barely lift every other day.

Don't go overboard on the cardio.
  • mali240
    mali240 Posts: 126
    Options
    The 4lb weight loss is starting point, it won't last forever aim between 1-2.... It's healthier and you won't end up with a lot of loose baggy skin at the end....

The most important tip: be consistent!! There'll be weeks when you down others weight will go up, some weeks the scale won't move. Don't give up.. Just keep at it :)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Why are young people in such a big hurry to lose weight? I could see it if they were 85 but 18?

Dont mess up your body by being impatient. You are more likely to not gain it all back if you do it slowly.

Its not necessarily about low cal/low fat, but about moderation. You can eat pretty much anything you want as long as you dont eat a LOT of it and can work it into your numbers. So get thin and enjoy it! Good luck!
  • drea0703
    drea0703 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    don't care to much for calories, hun. Care about NUTRIENTS! eat as clean as you can, exercise, learn to love and appreciate your body first. Weight loss will take care of itself afterwards.
  • srawr
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I'm a size 18, and 5ft11 which is why I want to lose weight, I'm not happy being this size!

I'll take it easy and hope for the best :)
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I'm 18, and would like to lose 100 pounds all together. I'd like to lose 4 pounds a week.
    this is my 3rd week, i have already lost 12.5 pounds by cutting my diet and fat intake down, purchasing a powerplate and using that 30 minutes a day, and doing 20 minutes of cardio every 2 days. also joined a gym, so go there to use the bike 2 times a week.

I'm quite desperate for any helpful tips for what exercise burns the most calories, any low fat low cal snacks, and what you found helped you most!
    Thank you all in advance :)

Low cal snacks: Fruit, veggies, lowfat popcorn

What burns the most calories: Moving more throughout the whole day burns more than any half hour in the gym and is far less dull than a cardio machine. Do you sit a lot like me? Make a goal or even set a timer on your phone to just get up and move for 10 minutes per hour. Walk to the mailbox. Sweep the kitchen. Play with the dog. Jump on the tramp. Clean your room. Dance. Play Wii. Pick up a cheap pedometer (or an expensive one- a Fitbit) and make steps goals. Try to eventually get to 10,000/day. MUCH less intimidating than 'workouts' and so good for you!

Good luck! I'm not patient, either. I get it. We've been ignoring the problem now we've got laser focus on it and we need to take care of it before our focus wanders again. Keeping the focus for the long term is a skill we'll gain in time, with practice.
  • maryjoe1
    maryjoe1 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi buddy,in this age you have to be healthy and glowing.I appreciate your desire to lose weight and maintain your fitness.Actually i can't compromise in case of food. Little bit lazy!!Oops but i have to maintain fitness,so I tried Food Lovers Fat Loss Works.It's an apt plan for me,it helped me to have all my favorite food.Have a look at their site for more details,i think it's helpful for you http://www.foodloversfatloss.com/whyitworks.asp