Mentally in it, but what's up with this plateau? Help!

Options
Hey everyone!

So...I've been here for almost 7 months, and have lost 32 lbs, and very pleased. I have a lot of physical challenges due to a chronic illness so I rely on getting my exercise through what I guess most view as everyday activities: slow walking, household cleaning/chores and occasionally swimming.

I saw great loss the first few months, but things have just been getting slower and slower, even though I've actually been more active than I was back when I first started. I have had a few falls off the wagon, but nothing major, and nothing that was more than one day or two, thankfully.

Because of my illness, I do have periods where I'm bedridden and unable to eat enough, and I don't know how this affects my weight loss curve. Luckily these periods are becoming shorter in duration! But obviously I don't know physiologically the effect my illness (chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia) have on my weight loss, since these conditions are still being studied and not well understood.

I'm hoping some of you can have a look at my diary and give me some feedback, thoughts or ideas! Thanks :)

Replies

• jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    No worries, you have less weight to lose, so its coming off more slowly.
  • harleygaljojo
    harleygaljojo Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been a member for 4 months now, have lost a little over 33 pounds so far. I can understand about not being able to exercise because I also have fibromyalgia and CFS along with Lupus. Some days I have the energy to do things some days not. I have been on a plateau for about a month now. Not gaining but not losing much either. You've done a great job, hang in there. They always say it's better to lose slowly. Thanks for sharing.
  • kittyneutron
    kittyneutron Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I'll just have to keep trucking and hope this plateau lets up soon!