I just ate a whole bowl of cookies n cream ice cream...

Options
So Delicious Coconut Milk Cookies n Cream ice cream, that is. Just 140 cals in half a cup. I had 305 cals left for Dessert, so I'm still 25 cals under my allowance :). It was SO good. This is the first time I've tried coconut milk ice cream, but i LOVE coconut. Saw it at at Whole Foods today and decided to try it, and I'm SO glad i did. Ben and Jerrys mint chocolate cookie was my downfall back when i wasnt watching my weight. This coconut version (while theres no mint), is pretty damn good. Very creamy, sweet, with lots of decent sized pieces of cookie. I actually felt a little guilty eating it, i kept having to remind myself that it was ok.

It does have a bit of a coconut taste to it, so if you dont like coconut i dont know if you'd like it, but i like it a lot. When this one's gone I'll try a different flavor. It just felt kind of cool to be able to have a bowl of ice cream and know i wasnt cheating...one cup of ice cream is a lot once you get it in the bowl, in fact next time i probly wont have quite so much.

Anyone else tried coconut milk ice cream, or have any recs for low calbdesserts that stillbtaste good?

Replies

• ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOOOOOOOODNESS! That sounds amazing! I must try find that here!
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Try Whole Foods-thats the only place I've seen it so far. They had a great selection though.

I wonder how many people are skipping this thread cos they think its about binging, lol...
  • RosmaryApplestrudle
    Options
    Is this in America? I'm a Brit :-) But sounds delicious! I'll see if I can hunt it down here! :-)
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    There's a kitchen machine called Yonanas, that makes ice cream out of just frozen fruit.
    I imagine you can do that with a powerful blender as well, but you can Google that name for recipes.

I used it to make ice cream from just a frozen banana and some frozen strawberries yesterday. It was absolutely delicious!
  • LittleNicci
    LittleNicci Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    rice dream ice cream is good too! and luigi's italian ice cups are flavorful and only 100 calories, mango's my fave. or honey greek yogurt with bananas and strawberries.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    gosh this sounds good ... not sure if my willpower will just let me have 1 bowl though... so sticking to ice lollies :smile:
  • salxtai
    salxtai Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    A little bit of me died when I realised you were in the US.... :sad:
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i have an ice cream maker. i wonder if i could make this.. and make it lowcarb with almond milk. :D
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Edy's Slow Churned has some amazing ice cream that typically runs anywhere between 90 and 130 kcal per half cup.

Raspberry is 90kcal (per 1/2c), Triple Chocolate PB Sundae is 110 and it's ridiculous, Pineapple Coconut is 100.

It's crazy good.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Edy's Slow Churned has some amazing ice cream that typically runs anywhere between 90 and 130 kcal per half cup.

Raspberry is 90kcal (per 1/2c), Triple Chocolate PB Sundae is 110 and it's ridiculous, Pineapple Coconut is 100.

It's crazy good.

I have not seen pineapple coconut. That sounds awesome! I love raspberry ice cream too. At our local ice cream shop, last week I had raspberry pomegranate sorbet and that was heaven!
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    American *kitten*, making us jealous of your ice cream flavours ;).
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    i really like no sugar added or fat free bryers.. they are about 90 cals for half a cup. My favorite is 1/2 cup of strawberry fat free ( 90 cals) and 1 sheet of reduced fat graham crackers (70 cals) crushed up on top. REEEEALLLLY delicious, and feels sinful.
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    worthenshaws (in the UK) make amazing coconut ice creams but it is so hard to get hold of them. Go to their website and see where they are located. I used to be able to get them, got hooked, then my supermarket stopped stocking. grrrr.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    That does sound pretty good.
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    i really like no sugar added or fat free bryers.. they are about 90 cals for half a cup. My favorite is 1/2 cup of strawberry fat free ( 90 cals) and 1 sheet of reduced fat graham crackers (70 cals) crushed up on top. REEEEALLLLY delicious, and feels sinful.

That sounds amazing, I might have to try that :)