Confused with BMR and TEE whatever's HELP

Options
Hi
I am looking at the website you recommend to work out my TEE and am totally lost. MFP gave me 1200 cals each day. I am currently exercising a little each day and on average burn off around 400 cals at day. I have never ate these back. I have lost 18lb in 3 wks up to now and get weighed again on Thursday. I still have around 50-80 lbs to lose. Can anyone help with what I should eat?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    If you're losing at a good rate and have a way to go I would stick with it.
  • CMmomx4
    CMmomx4 Posts: 25
    Options
    There are calculators you can use if you google. It factors your height and weight. What I used was multiplying my weight by 14. Your body needs about 14 calories per lb it holds and then taking a deficit. I calculated mine at 30% so I took my total calories and multiplied by .3 and then subtracted that number from my original. Make sense? For example, my weight was 135. 135 x 14 = 1890. 1890 x .3 = 567. 1890 - 567 = 1323 and then I rounded down to 1300.

I disagree that you should stay at 1200. You need to go up, probably quite a bit. As your weight decreases your body will need less calories to continue to lose. Starting at 1200 does not give you much room to go down.
  • ajfc1971
    ajfc1971 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that I have just worked it out at around 2100 cals so I do need to go up a bit. Will try that this week and see what if gives me on the scales.