Progress with building muscle *pic heavy*

Options
HeidiMightyRawr
HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
My goal last year was to build some muscle mass, and after doing so, I'm now leaning out, and over halfway to my goal (before I start bulking again). Here's my success so far with this - I'm not done yet, but it's constant work in progress, so I suppose I'll never be completely done.

These are some of my progress pics prior to bulking (last July) I was 134lbs, had lost weight from 150lbs through watching what I ate, and exercising (mostly lifting heavy)

DSCF2635.jpg
DSCF2634.jpg
DSCF2639.jpg
DSCF2638.jpg

I was happy with my stomach at the time, although I did want abs (but I didn't want to lose any more weight for it) was aiming for a lot more muscle in my legs, and still am! More muscle / definition in my upper back. Not so much in my arms, they were one of the easiest places to show muscle - I had been lifting for around a year solidly at this point, but only around 2 months for squats / deadlifts (I wish I started them earlier!!)

Updates from January at the end of my bulk, at 150lbs.

DSCF2966.jpg
DSCF2936.jpg
Less definition in the bicep shot, result of added body fat.
My abs pic was not great. Basically, a lot of the extra fat went there!
Didn't take a leg one at that time unfortunately.

Most recently. 144lbs for yellow shorts pics, 142lbs for the rest. Losing has been ridiculously slow since January and haven't lost loads, or got to my goal yet, but my body has changed so much I think for just the small amount showing on the scale.

photo0319_001-1.jpg
Photo0322.jpg
Photo0250.jpg
Photo0247.jpg
Probably my favourite: (I LOVE what squats have done for my behind, it was so flat before!!)
Photo0306.jpg
and even starting to see a little definition (ever so slightly) in my triceps, one of the hardest places EVER to see definition for me!
Photo0326.jpg

I achieved the muscle gain by eating 2800 net calories a day (2800 + exercise calories) I gained 16lbs in 6 months. Some was fat, some was water, but some was muscle too (approx 6lbs according to BF%) Also, heavy lifting and adequate protein.

Achieved the fat loss afterwards with heavy lifting and adequate protein (to maintain the muscle) but also with a small calorie deficit. It's taken so long to lose because I'm not very good at sticking to deficits (loves food!)

Replies

• WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Lookin' smokin'! Awesome work! :drinker:
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Wow girl I'm so proud of you! You look great! :) Proud to have you on my friends list <3
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Wonderful progress!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Your biceps and rear look amazing!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Thanks :D Can't wait to bulk again later this year, I love the results it gives!
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    great progress!!!

check out those guns!!! :love:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    Absolutely awesome progress Heidi! Legs and stomach shot are awesome. So let me get this straight, you weigh more but you look better? OMG, how can that be? :tongue:
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    You look great! More proof that you shouldn't always go by the scale. Great results!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Wonderful progress Heidi!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!