Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hello, I'm July

But only hot july because it's over 100 degrees where I live. Not a hot body at all :). Anyway, I am here because my Dr. sent me to a dietician and she recommended this website. I have 50 or so pounds to lose, but I don't really have a goal weight, I will just know when I get to where I feel I am right for me. I have hypothyroidism and I fight constantly with my weight, among a few other things.
I have signed up for a half marathon training program, and that starts next week. I will be starting week 5 of C25K this week to get
me ready for the half. It's like having to clean your house for the maid to come, but the outcome will be sweet. Anyway, I am glad to
be here.

Replies

• Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Welcome, we are very glad to have you join us.
  • Elle_45
    Elle_45 Posts: 43
    Thank you ;)
  • HorseWithNoName27
    HorseWithNoName27 Posts: 188 Member
    Hello there! I just joined as well. Good to see you here. Best of luck with your goals and feel free to add me if you like! :)
  • Hello July! I too have Hypothyroidism. I found out that I have it only a couple months ago and I wish I would have known it sooner! I've been struggling with my weight since I was about 10 years old (21 now) and wondered why! I just joined this site too! Nice too meet you!
  • Elle_45
    Elle_45 Posts: 43
    Thank you and good luck to all of you.

I also changed my user name ;)
  • MomsTaxi23
    MomsTaxi23 Posts: 19 Member
    Welcome to the site, and I just joined a few days ago and it is a great site so far. Add me a friend if you would like. Good luck
  • lc971
    lc971 Posts: 104 Member
    It sounds like you're off to a good start. Good luck! :drinker:
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Welcome and good luck!
  • corky26
    corky26 Posts: 7
    Welcome. I'm 60, lactose intolerant, working with a GI doc and Dietician. They can both access my food diary to check and see how I'm doing with nutrition. It's a great place to track your efforts and gain support. All the best in your journey. Cheers to better health! Good luck!