Looking for Motivational People

Options
Okay, so I've been here about a month and I have lost some weight. Sadly, I gained it all back after one little slide back. My friends on here keep saying that it's all okay and that it'll come back off, but I'm already losing hope. My boyfriend's trying to motivate me as well, but he doesn't know that I gained all that weight back. Please help me :/

I try my best to motivate everyone on my friends list as well. Sometimes I don't get around to everyone because my iPod goes stupid, but I deff try my best. Add me?

Replies

• ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    You will make it just keep on working at it we all fall just have to get back up and keep working at it. have a great day
  • akinder92
    akinder92 Posts: 2
    Options
    The same sort of thing happened to me!! I just added you :)
  • Rebecca4321
    Options
    Everyone has a little back step, just keep going and you will be fine. Being on here and talking to othes shows you want to do better. I will add you on my friends list. The more friends the better
  • curtnrod
    curtnrod Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    After reviewing your diary, there are a couple of things that stick out besides overall inconsistency in your daily diet. Gummy Bear vitamins and coffee are not a healthy breakfast or good way to start your day LOL. It appears that some days you go over your calories and some days you are 1700 calories short. You're also consuming a lot of sodium which can cause water retention. Additionally, you are not drinking enough water so your body is probably a little confused from day to day.. Follow the MFP program consistently and you will see consistent progress and achieve your goals.
  • achvr
    achvr Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi Olivia,

Weight loss is never steady all the way down with no peaks. I've been on this journey for over 2 years now and I've lost a total of 200 lbs. The key is to make it about lifestyle and feeling healthy. Find other ways to measure your progress, eliminating medications, the ways your clothes fit, compliments from other people, etc.... and the pounds will continue to come off. I had to start making it about other things rather than the numbers on the scale. Keep up the great work....Remember it's all one pound at a time.
  • jenijerz
    jenijerz Posts: 6
    Options
    It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to lose weight. If you are doing it for the right reasons and going about it healthy you can do it and maintain. At least that is what I tell myself. I weigh more now than I ever have in my life. I have decided that I need a lifestyle change rather than a diet plan! I am a silver lining kind of girl and am more than happy to help motivate you and get motivation from you! We can do this!
  • scarcelove
    Options
    I completely understand. I just recently gained some of my weight back and it can be quite disheartening!
    Feel free to add me :)
  • tabithap07
    tabithap07 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This is a great place for motivation!! feel free to add me, i always get on every evening to log my food and send out some inspiration to everyone! you can do this, you just have to make up your mind that you want it bad enough!
  • MomsTaxi23
    MomsTaxi23 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you how many times I have lost the weight then gained it back, I felt like I was on a roller coaster. But I kept going and you can too. We all have set backs just get up and start over the next day. I will add you
  • flstarlady65
    flstarlady65 Posts: 129
    Options
    Oh I can definitely relate to that. Started my change in January and had lost 16lbs. When my roommate turnd bf moves in he starts cooking up a storm and tells me to sit on the couch all night. I have gained 5lbs back and am miserable. Today we are going to have a long talk and let him know how important this is to me.

Add me if you would like!
  • HausfrauB
    HausfrauB Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi. :)

There is a wealth of information here...you just have to take advice with a grain of salt, research it outside of this site, and then decide how you will proceed. Success is possible, you just need to find the changes that will work best for you.

Now for some unsolicited (but hopefully helpful) advice...

Curtnrod was right about your diet being inconsistent. Your body probably doesn't know what is going on when one day you eat normal and then another day have a dinner of sweet tea and nothing else.

I too peeked at your diary and I think you are hooked on sweet tea. The amount of sugar coming from the tea is causing your blood sugar to rise and drop and this will greatly affect your appetite. I suggest that you google some info about blood sugar and insulin response so that you can better understand WHY it isn't good for you.

I sincerely wish you all the best. Remember that it takes time to make the changes that will create lasting results. :)
  • olivia_sweeetie13
    Options
    Thanks y'all :)

My boyfriend and I are gonna plan a new diet thing for me tonight :) Thanks for the pointers :)

Btw- if I don't get around to adding you, add me! :P ahah
  • BLSaw
    BLSaw Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    You gotta be in it for the long haul. I added you too.