memega Posts: 73
    Options
    cardio_det.png

2. Maximize water intake, at least 2.5 liter
    3. Minimize carbs & salt intake

Enjoy!
  • Cathyholt1
    Options
    I thought you needed carbs to give you energy in the gym. I go the gym 4 times a week and find myself being very tired and apparently this is because I haven't had enough carbs??
  • Cathyholt1
    Options
    thought you needed carbs to give you energy in the gym. I go the gym 4 times a week and find myself being very tired and apparently this is because I haven't had enough carbs??

I am drinking lots and water... whilst sat at my desk in front of the pc lol just like you.

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    What's your current weight and height?
  • matt_h76
    matt_h76 Posts: 39
    Options
    You are exactly right: definitely do NOT reduce your carbs if you want to have a long effective workout. Fine to reduce carbs on non workout days but the worst thing to do is reduce carbs on a workout day as you will feel very tired as you experienced and you also wont be able to work your body to its maximum because it doesn't have enough energy. Its counterproductive. Similarly do not do cardio before lifting weights as your body loses all the energy it needs to lift the weights to efficiently work your muscles so the workout is wasted time.

If you want to do it quickly I would hit the heavy weights. It is proven to burn twice the amount of calories as cardio. Lift heavy with low reps and do this three times a week with a rest day in-between and on that rest day do some cardio. There's a very good book called The New Rules Of Lifting For Women and dispells all the myths about lifting heavy weights and how it is actually the best way to get a perfect female body shape (as opposed to cardio) and gives very good routines to follow. Its very popular.

Your current height and weight will determine how quickly weight will drop off.

Good luck with it all :)