Welp, it's done.

Options
2»

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Oh Sarge. :brokenheart:

I'm so sorry for what you're going through. Hope it helps that you have a lot of friends here that will be a shoulder for you. (Look at the responses, you have a harem! :wink: )

Don't rush through your sadness, smile when you don't feel like it and enjoy your new neighborhood.

We're here for ya, bud! :flowerforyou:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    No advice but I can offer support and ((HUGS))

Kim
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Sgt, you are one hell of a man and i'm confident good things are going to happen for you. Chin up my friend, it is all for the better! ((hugs))
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    I've been there where you are at this moment... was almost 2 yrs ago and I couldn't let go and move on... but it helped to write my feelings about how I was feeling on my other blog site. I would just post the link but I don't know if you would be able to read it on my blog site or not if you don't belong to it... I've copied it here so that you can read it. I hope that it will help in some way.

We’ve all been disappointed at some time in our lives. We’ve been misled, purposely or unconsciously. We have all stood staring in disbelief at the remains of discarded promises that were made but never kept. The struggle to begin again is a real one when you don’t know where to drop your anchor.

The heart has a million questions, each one defying your desire to continue on. Love again? Forget it! Why try again? Why believe again when it’s been proven you have no guarantees? Why risk your heart’s safety once more? Yet it is in daring to leap out in faith that the things we desire are gained.

Where to put our trust becomes the great question. How do we know that we will heal? Live? Love again? Finally be loved in return, the way we’ve always wanted to be loved?

LETTING GO TAKES LOVE

To let go does not mean to stop caring,
    it means I can't do it for someone else.
    To let go is not to cut myself off,
    it's the realization it didn't work for us.

To let go is to admit powerlessness, which means
    the outcome is not in my hands.
    To let go is not to try to change or blame another,
    it's to make the most of ourselves.

To let go is not to care for,
    but to care about.
    To let go is not to fix,
    but to be supportive.
    To let go is not to judge,
    but to allow another to be a human being.

To let go is not to be in the middle arranging all the outcomes,
    but to allow others to affect their destinies.
    To let go is not to be protective,
    it's to permit another to face reality.
    To let go is not to deny,
    but to accept.

To let go is not to hurt the other with intent.
    but instead to search out my own shortcomings and correct them.

To let go is not to adjust everything to my desires,
    but to take each day as it comes and cherish myself in it.
    To let go is not to criticize or regulate anybody,
    but to try to become what I dream I can be.
    To let go is not to regret the past,
    but to grow and live for the future.

To let go is to fear less and love more

Hope this finds you feeling better today :flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I am happy that the house has finally sold. I am sorry for your sadness.
    Here is to a new beginning. A life of happiness. Here is to starting new memories with you son and your ugly pugs. (by the way, pugs are so cute-ours was dog napped)
    Here is to you:drinker:
    Hold on to the good memories and let go of the bad. Start wonderful new memories.
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hey Sarge. I am so sorry.:cry: All things happen for a reason and I believe great things are gonna happen for you.:flowerforyou: You are in my prayers. We are here for you like you always are for us.
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Houses seem to have an uncanny way of attaching themselves to our hearts. When my husband first went into the military and we were waiting on base housing we lived in this horrible little apartment complete with screaming neighbors and the works. When our beautiful, spacious military housing became available I didn't want to leave - the apartment in its tiny, dingy way it had become home. But move we did and it became home, then we moved again and again and again and again - and each time we found home. You will too. The old house may be gone, but you still have your faith in God, your dreams even if they are a bit dinged up, you still have the pugs - what "ugly" cuties!, and you have all of us.:smile:
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yep, you definitely have all of us :flowerforyou:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    :brokenheart: I am praying for your peace and comfort at a very difficult time. Being of a Navy family, I've let a few houses go, and with a tad of sadness, the houses my children were born in are long gone; but what you're having to do is much more difficult. Go with God, He'll get you there.