Starting over...again

Options
Once again, I'm recommiting to my health. I started a job last September and it became my reason NOT to exercise or eat properly. Having balance in my life has always been a struggle & continues to be. I have watched myself eat obessively and I am sick of it. I'm addicted to sugar. I am thinking about going to an OA meeting. Anyone have experience with OA? One day at a time...2nd day. Praying.

Replies

• Raebug123
    Raebug123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Best of luck as you start again. You can do this!
  • Nutrition1st
    Nutrition1st Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Feel free to add me!
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I think the majority of us are on here because we have the same sorts of problems.
    Addiction to sugar is a number one disaster that this generation has. One main thing is that when taking out fat from foods in order to be able to advertise as "fat free" which then makes the item quite tasteless, they then add fructose which is the addictive sugar.
    Then there is the fact that manufacturers use palm oil because it is the cheapest but the body cannot assimilate it very well at all and builds up in the body.
    So you are definitely not alone with your problem.
    I wish you all the very best with your endeavour and I know you will feel soom much better for losing the weight!

:smile:
  • oldmutt
    oldmutt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm on my umpteenth time at restarting as well !!
    I started getting fitter after my hols last year( see pic in red shorts)
    i lost 10lbs on my own by dieting, since using mfp have now lost another 14lbs by
    logging all i eat. I work out 4 times a week and think this time i have really changed my
    lifestyle.Now i feel committed to this i'm looking for friends and motivators so feel free to add me if you want
  • kumanekochan
    kumanekochan Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    After a week of cheating, not caring, binging and so on, I gained back the 10 lbs that I lost. However, now i'm micromanaging my diet. I'm coming up with simple, non-weight goals every week and really using mfp to track what I eat. If you'd like to have a pact with some fellow restarters, please add me. I have to lose 100+ lbs, so i'll be on this journey for a while :).