NSV--I ran a 5k!

Options
Last night I was tired, bloated, and generally at the end of a terrible day. I had been doing C25k for almost 6 weeks, but I hadn't run in 4 or so days. For some reason, I decided it was the perfect day to skip the last 3 weeks of the program and just run a 5k. It was TERRIBLE and PAINFUL but SO SO SO rewarding. I ran a 5k in exactly 30 minutes :))) I was so happy afterwards I couldn't stop smiling! I just didn't know who else to share this with so I thought I would post. Have a good day everyone!

Replies

• hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    not only is this awesome, it was a really great pace too. 30 mins is a great 5k. Nicely done and thank you for sharing!!
  • deepavignesh
    deepavignesh Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    wow!! 5k in 3o min! thats really amazing
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    That's so exciting!! Congratulations!!!!
  • 1234567kate9
    Options
    thanks you guys :)
  • jenbehe
    jenbehe Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Great job! Can't wait to be able to do that :)!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    woohoo! congrats!
  • rozeltf
    rozeltf Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow is right. Congrats!, I start day 1 week 5 tonight - no way could I do what you did.
  • hiddensmiles21
    Options
    Great job! Sometimes the best thing is to just push yourself beyond what you think you can do!
  • 1234567kate9
    Options
    Wow is right. Congrats!, I start day 1 week 5 tonight - no way could I do what you did.

trust me, it is amazing how quickly you will progress on this program. I can't speak highly enough about it
  • 1234567kate9
    Options
    Great job! Sometimes the best thing is to just push yourself beyond what you think you can do!

and maybe you'll surprise yourself :)
  • T_Marie4
    T_Marie4 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! :) I'm doing C25K also and so far the only time I've actually made it to 5K is including my walk/cool down time. You kicked some butt, girl! Great job! Yesterday was supposed to be my 27 min run and I pushed myself to go straight to 30 - my own NSV! Before I started the program, I was lucky to make it a whole minute without wanting to die! LOL Congrats! It does feel great to succeed and push past your own expectations - LOVE that feeling!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!