recommendations 4 a fitness dvd/plan 4 at home????

Options
Basically as it says above. I like 2 wrk out at home as well as the gym. Ive done the 30 dayshred soo wld like 2 try sumtin new.
Any recommendations welcomed x x thanks:flowerforyou:

Replies

• tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    I love P90X. Had the best results with that one and I own a lot. Have 30 day Shred, slim in 6, Turbo Fire, booty boot camp, Zumba etc... Out of all of them P90X is my favorite.
  • minibusx
    minibusx Posts: 50
    Options
    IS the p90x time consuming as in how long are the wrkouts????? jus wondered as I like to do it in the morning.
    So I drop my lil girl off 2 playgroup and have just abt an hr and a hf??? x
  • ALISHAWILLIAMSON
    ALISHAWILLIAMSON Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am doing 30 day shred right now. I started about a week ago and am finding that I really like it as well. I also like Leslie Sansone Walk @ Home DVDS. Some are way to easy, but she does have more intense ones like her 3 mile boot camp and 4 mile "boosted" walk (jogging). I also have a collection of 10 minute solution DVDs. They give 10 minutes of good work for a specific target area. Try going on YouTube and watching some of those first and it will give you an idea. Here's a link to a free online workouts

http://www.squidoo.com/free-workout-videos-online

Hope you find something you love soon!:smile:
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I did shred and finished the first two levels and then I moved to Chalean Extreme. It uses weights 3 days a week and cardio 2 times with 2 rest days. The weight days are about 40 minutes. The cardio days are about 50 - 55 minutes. I haven't done P90x but I do know that it is a little longer. If you want to know more about Chalean Extreme let me know. I will be finishing it up in another week and can't wait to see what my results are. This is the first program I have ever been able to stick with.
    Tara

ps..Moving on to TurboFire next!
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I've got a variety of Jillian Michael's DVD's & they are great! All the workouts are between 20-50 minutes and I usually do them before work in the morning, then run or bike after work.

I'm off for the summer (I'm a teacher), so I'm giving the dvd's a rest and have been focusing on increasing my mileage and speed for running. But when I return to school next month, I'll be back to the JM videos!

Check some out from your public library before you pruchase to make sure that they are something that would work for you! (Personally I thought that P90x guy was a pain in the *kitten* to follow and listen to, so I'm glad I didn't waste my money on that one. But everyone else seems to love him!)

Good luck! :-)
  • T_Marie4
    T_Marie4 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I finished 30DS then started right up with JM's Ripped in 30 DVD - Awesome workout and definately more challenging than 30DS - imo - I lost approx. 8 lbs with 30DS, 5 lbs with RI30 but also inches with RI30. I loved it! It's same time frame as 30ds, except has a workout for each week (4 levels) rather than 3 seperate workouts like 30DS. If you love JM, you won't be disappointed! :) Good luck!
  • T_Marie4
    T_Marie4 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I did shred and finished the first two levels and then I moved to Chalean Extreme. It uses weights 3 days a week and cardio 2 times with 2 rest days. The weight days are about 40 minutes. The cardio days are about 50 - 55 minutes. I haven't done P90x but I do know that it is a little longer. If you want to know more about Chalean Extreme let me know. I will be finishing it up in another week and can't wait to see what my results are. This is the first program I have ever been able to stick with.
    Tara

ps..Moving on to TurboFire next!

I will be starting Chalean Extreme when we get back from vaca - I'm excited to looking forward to doing it! I'd love to hear your results when you finish!
  • patriciaannbibo
    patriciaannbibo Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Anything Jillian Michael love her Fat Boost metabolism , And No more trouble Zone. Turbo Jam and Turbo fire ,the Firm wave. . Bought all my Dvd used at Thrift store or E-bay.Just bought Turbo fire haven't used it yet.Turbo Jam funniest series. I love dance and Kickboxing.
  • 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Check the library, youtube and netflix - great ways to try before you buy!
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    IS the p90x time consuming as in how long are the wrkouts????? jus wondered as I like to do it in the morning.
    So I drop my lil girl off 2 playgroup and have just abt an hr and a hf??? x
    [/quote

They are hour long workouts.