Diet Chef

Options
is any one doing the diet chef programme or something similar? what are your views on it?
thanks.

Replies

• sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    i did it via QVC - Postives made me learn portion control, and introduced me to granola (yum). but the milkshakes tasted (IMO) horrid and all the evening meals were brown mush so didn't look appitising so returned for full refund.
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    is any one doing the diet chef programme or something similar? what are your views on it?
    thanks.
    My sister did it, the meals were boring and stodgy, the breakfast were either oats or oat related, It was expensive, and did I mention Borning bland food (she tried it for a month)
  • dietsos
    dietsos Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Diet Chef again tomorrow, I lost 17lbs in 2 months using it last year and really enjoyed it. The breakfasts are a little meagre but I always add a banana and some yummy fat free yogurt to it to bulk it out a bit. I really like the convenience of the programme and the large range available, I love to stand in front of my cupboard and chose my dinner before I leave for work so I now what I have to look forward too when I get home in the evening! The cost is a little steep but I really think it's worth it, I love it!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I looked into it and it seemed expensive and the food didn't look appetising. I'm doing my own calorie-controlled ready meal version. Not something that would be good long term (I'm usually a fan of fresh cooked food) but it has worked well as a quick fix in time for holidays while working long hours:

* Breakfast: 200 calories: I'm having a Celebrity Slim shake but any meal replacement shake would do - or a slice of toast with scrambled egg or small portion of cereal with milk.

* Lunch: 250 calories: John West Light Lunch (salmon or tuna with pasta or cous cous - handy when you are at work); or tin of soup (I like Baxters, particuarly the spicy rice and sweetcorn soup); or Big bag of salad with a tin of tuna and a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

* Dinner: 550 calories: Supermarket 400 calorie ready meal (I like Sainsburys Be Good to Yourself) with a big helping of salad or veg such as broccoli (frozen veg can be put in the microwave and zapped quickly.

This leaves a few calories to play with; more if you exercise (I eat back most of my exercise calories).

One option is to save the calories for a fourth meal/snack late on - I'd rather have it then rather that during the day as it makes me feel less deprived. A good one is a meringue (Sainsburys do nests for around 50 calories each) with a big helping of strawberries and small drizzle of cream - comes in at around 150-200 calories.

I also take a multivitamin every day, just in case. It's not a long term plan but helps keep calories low enough to drop a few pounds when you don't have the time to cook/count every calorie.

Quick and easy - and cheaper than Diet Chef.
  • maria_b22
    maria_b22 Posts: 45
    Options
    I started Diet Chef 4 weeks ago and i have lost 15lbs. I have enjoyed most of the meals and any i haven't liked, i just changed from my next 'hamper'. I do shift work and this has fitted into my life very well. I choose my meals the day before and include my extras of fruit and veg and i'm all set. Yes it is a bit pricey but for me it takes out the time spent calorie counting and the need to plan ahead because of my shift work. :happy:
  • nibbynoo
    nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    hi,
    im doing diet chef and i know the cost is steep and the meals aren't Michelin star but its the control that i needed.

i do not have the self control to go it alone and at this stage having everything portioned and packaged is taking out the element of choice and showing me what a proper portion looks like. It's not everyone's cup of tea but i think i need to be spoon fed until i have learnt. Also the fact that its a set months worth of food- if i eat an extra snack bar today i wont have one tomorrow so its illogical to do so.

high hopes :)
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    hi,
    im doing diet chef and i know the cost is steep and the meals aren't Michelin star but its the control that i needed.

i do not have the self control to go it alone and at this stage having everything portioned and packaged is taking out the element of choice and showing me what a proper portion looks like. It's not everyone's cup of tea but i think i need to be spoon fed until i have learnt. Also the fact that its a set months worth of food- if i eat an extra snack bar today i wont have one tomorrow so its illogical to do so.

high hopes :)

Cheering you on! Hope it goes well.
  • nibbynoo
    nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!
    :)
  • kvg1210
    kvg1210 Posts: 35
    Options
    Hi how is everything going with Diet Chef - I am into day 4 - like some others i need the portion control as I don't feel i can do it on my own at the moment - so far I am enjoying the food - I just bulk it out with fruit, veg and salad so now I know I am getting my five a day - having to drink more fluids and that's the only hardship as i struggle to drink a lot