Breakfast ideas

Options
Hi all. I am a VERY boring eater...and my normal breakfast of eggs (made every way possible) is getting old. Any other suggestions?

Replies

• mccabe_cj
    mccabe_cj Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like to have greek yogurt with some fresh berries and an apple or bananna. Very healthy and good source of protein.
  • satxtrap
    satxtrap Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at "overnight oatmeal"? both crock pot based and non-cooked based recipes?
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at "overnight oatmeal"? both crock pot based and non-cooked based recipes?

This.

And a few ideas for overnight oats: http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I like to have greek yogurt with some fresh berries and an apple or bananna. Very healthy and good source of protein.

This! I did it this morning with strawberries and it was absolutely delish! You can also throw in some stevia/splenda if its too bitter for you.

Cottage cheese with pineapple/peaches is also delish as well.

Protein pancakes (I'm yet to try these, but I hear rave reviews) check out dashingdish.com, she has a TON of recipes on there!
  • Dhemeyer
    Dhemeyer Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Breakfast has always been the hardest for me. I've just never really wanted to have to fix anything (I really like my sleep). Greek yogurt with berries and oatmeal/steel cut oats sweetened with a bit of honey or cinnamon are great options. You can also find some pretty good breakfast burrito recipes that allow you to prepare and freeze. This is also the time of day that I choose to drink a meal replacement (Shakeology).
    I look forward to hear from others... breakfast is tough!
    Good luck :)
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    hahahahah i had teh same discussion this morning!

I love eggs and eat them almost every day! I dontget bored of them though :blushing:

Maybe try some toast and a sausage or fruit and yougurt, maybe french toast or something of the sort.....

Do you eat oatmeal? everyone raves anout overnight oats :)
  • dida0721
    dida0721 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Also try cooked quinoa with unsweetened almond milk, berries and PB2.
  • juliekgould
    Options
    Thank you...I love Greek yogurt with berries too. But when I wake up in the morning something sweet isn't want I'm craving. Did I mention that I'm a picky eater? lol. Thank you for your comment!
  • juliekgould
    Options
    No, but I will...thank you!
  • daniellepants
    Options
    Tofu scramble is my favorite breakfast c:

Or cut up an apple, and put the slices in the microwave for 30 seconds. Top it with cinnamon, and if you want to, you can put some fat-free greek yogurt or some ice cream on it. It's like a little apple pie without guilt.
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I usually have Special K Strawberry bar and a large Vitamin water. If I am still hungry, I will add in a tangerine.
  • Rhami1
    Rhami1 Posts: 23
    Options
    Sometimes I like a bagel thin with some neufchatel cheese and sliced strawberries...but I'm a big oatmeal fan too :)
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Most mornings I have a green smoothie.
  • ninick
    ninick Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    vitamuffin with 2% plain greek yogurt... yummmm :)

Kashi go lean cereal - always a staple

the new natural valley protein bar is pretty good too
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I have egg whites 6 of 7 days a week - and could eat them even more than that! Sometimes I'll have them on a sandwich thin (100 cal) or a hungry girl flatbread or with a morningstar farms piece of sausage. Another thing I love is the Trader Joe's multi-grain blueberry pancakes. They are excellent and I save cals by using applesauce in the recipe and I don't use butter or syrup; sometimes I'll use 1/8 cup of syrup to dip in, but only if I have extra cals.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    A serving of old fashioned oats with a scoop of your favorite whey protein. Mine, this morning, was cinnamon roll.
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a toasted Thomas's Light 100 Calorie Multigrain English Muffin with 1 Tablespoon of Kettle Brand Almond Butter and 1 Tablespoon of Peach Polaner All Fruit w/Fiber with a cup of skim milk and unsweetened tea it is 300 calories. Great balanced breakfast. Nice amount of fiber and protein. Very satisfying.
  • leenie96
    leenie96 Posts: 65
    Options
    My favorite is definitely a Greek yogurt parfait, but I have a few other options that I like:

An egg, ham, and cheese whole grain muffin sandwich

Mini whole wheat bagel with almond butter and a banana

Protein shakes-usually consisting of almond milk, banana, and cinnamon, but I also like to play with other ingredients
  • skeck
    skeck Posts: 46
    Options
    I used to be a religious Quiche eater! I'd make a quiche on a Sunday and eat it everyday for breakfast. You can vary it in many ways. I used greek yogurt to help "fluff" it and then mushrooms, onions, spinach and whatever else to mix in.

Otherwise - I'll do a protein smoothie and a banana or something.

Good luck!