Weight Goals Reached - NOW WHAT?

Options
Bobby_Clerici
Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
I reached my weight goals this day.
Here is my progress photo I took entering into "One-Derland" I took my "before" after losing the first tens pounds, so I was actually fatter when I began this journey.
432360_353410994699711_1064828290_n.jpg

Using the simple MFP recommendations of diet and exercise along with calorie tracking, I accomplished my goal. I am a guy down from 272 lbs with 78 lbs gone as of today, so now what?

In general the focus changes from mere weight to body fat reduction.
My current body fat is 17 - 20%, and I would like to cut that range to 12-15% - very reasonable and doable.
I am posting this, because too many people reach their goals, then relax into relapse, and creep back instead of moving forward.
It took 2 years to get here - not fast, so there are no short cuts and no secrets to share. We're fighting physiology, and people in a race with nature finish last. People that get fast results usually regress. I accomplished this losing less than a pound per week on average.

So, again, my whole reason for sharing this is to get you thinking. So many look ahead to this moment for themselves as the season of celebration, relaxed standards and complacency. It is NOT. For me today is just another day. I exercised today and shall eat to goal today with no changes. Saturday is my "free day" as always.

My reward is simply great health, and my plans are to press ahead to greater things.
All Is Possible!

Replies

• portalm
    portalm Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Youre a beast Bobby, Youre goals now be in the best shape of your life and keep it up in my opinion. Train harder, become faster and stronger and continue on! Set new goals like Lift heavier or Run a 5 or 10k! You can do it. And as you say All is possible ~ Keep punching.

p.s. Perhaps become a boxer, you like punching stuff alot!
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    you should be an inspiration for all

Keep punching my friend
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! The difference in your face and neck is remarkable. And I know you feel great! :smile:
    Keep pressing on!
  • Timmmy40
    Timmmy40 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Nice work Bobby. I am with you. It is a complete lifestyle change. You have inspired me and all of us here at MFP. I have a little over 100lbs left to lose and I take it one day at a time. Keep up the good work, and thank you for your encouragement you share!
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Awesome post as usual Bobby - you are an inspiration. I reached my goal as well about 2 weeks ago and I have asked myself the same question - so this posting is really timely and I look forward to whatever information you learn and share in reducing your body fat % (I want to achieve this as well).

BTW - how can one accurately measure Body Fat % at home - is it possible? (Pincers, some sort of calculation?)

Awesome job bro - as one person put it you are a BEAST
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration Bobby, congrats on reaching your goal. And knowing that even tho you have reached that milestone, you don't just quit doing what got you to it in the first place. :flowerforyou: Keep Punching my friend!
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Options
    Awesome post as usual Bobby - you are an inspiration. I reached my goal as well about 2 weeks ago and I have asked myself the same question - so this posting is really timely and I look forward to whatever information you learn and share in reducing your body fat % (I want to achieve this as well).

BTW - how can one accurately measure Body Fat % at home - is it possible? (Pincers, some sort of calculation?)

There no real accurate way to measure body fat at home, but so long as you get a consistent reading, who cares?
    It's for tracking progress.
    Here is what I use - CLOSE ENOUGH!
    http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html

If somebody really wants to know, try the above method, then compare that result to the professional analysis you pay $100 to perform. And then either add or subtract whatever to get an accurate reading.
    Is it really that important?
    Answer for yourself.
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    What a FANTASTIC journey with amazing results! You should feel so proud of yourself. I'm confident that this lifestyle will continue to elevate you to the next level. Not only is your hard work in the gym/kitchen an inspiration, it's also your positive attitude and ability to shed a positive and helpful light in any situation. No doubt you will go far!
  • duluthian
    duluthian Posts: 69
    Options
    Well done - and I agree with you. We live in a "gotta have it now" society, but to acheive and hold on to weight loss it seems it has to be slow, so congrats and good luck :)
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Great attitude as always!! :drinker:
  • wwpecker
    wwpecker Posts: 13
    Options
    Big thumbs up mate, keep sculpturing that body – ready for the next success!
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options

There no real accurate way to measure body fat at home, but so long as you get a consistent reading, who cares?

If somebody really wants to know, try the above method, then compare that result to the professional analysis you pay $100 to perform. And then either add or subtract whatever to get an accurate reading.
    Answer for yourself.

Awesome link - thanks! Says my current Body Fat % is 15.5 - so I guess MFP and my lifestyle changes are working.
    KEEP PUNCHING US!
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching your goal weight, Bobby! I agree - the difference in your face is remarkable! You look years younger!

You are an inspiration to me. A wealth of common sense advice and no BS motivation, and more often than not I agree with your advice to others.

Great work so far, and excellent plan for staying at your goal weight. I know you'll have great success in maintaining!

Edited: Removed my whine about not being friends - thanks for the add, Bobby!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Thanks for sharing...i agree 100%...this is forever!!...not just until "i reach my goal weight"
  • jdholland5508
    jdholland5508 Posts: 162 Member
    Options

Answer for yourself.

Awesome link - thanks! Says my current Body Fat % is 15.5 - so I guess MFP and my lifestyle changes are working.
    KEEP PUNCHING US!

If you google dunk tanks body fat reading for your city many places have them. They charge around $40 per visit or $100 for 3 readings so you can compare. If you get one reading you can compare that to the calculators and you can have a good idea how to scale that number. The dunk tanks are pretty accurate.
  • MercycameRunning
    MercycameRunning Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Awesome and congratulations! Just keep your guard up and your weight will stay down. Woohoo!!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Very nice, and everyday is a celebration then....a reward in itself! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your progress story...you are amazing!
    :)MinMin
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching your goal weight, Bobby! I agree - the difference in your face is remarkable! You look years younger!

We're not friends (you didn't accept my FR, you *kitten*!), but I do try to keep tabs on you, simply because you are an inspiration to me. A wealth of common sense advice and no BS motivation, and more often than not I agree with your advice to others.

Great work so far, and excellent plan for staying at your goal weight. I know you'll have great success in maintaining!
    OUCH!
    I have never once rejected an add.
    There are some I boot if they're on crash diets or suffering ED issues, but all others are welcome.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    All I can say is WOW! You look great AND 20 years younger! Congrats on reaching your goals! I'm proud of you and you're an inspiration to many. Thank you for posting. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!