picky eater needing lunch suggestions

Options
soccerella
soccerella Posts: 623 Member
I need some help spicing up my lunch routine (and dinner too). I see a lot of great recipes on here, problem is I don’t like a lot of the stuff that people tout as the best food they’ve ever had. This list includes, but is not entirely limited to: avocado, cottage cheese, yogurt (greek or otherwise), hummus, tomato, beans, olives…..I’m sure I could go on, but ill leave it at that for now. Any good suggestions on quick and yummy meals that don’t include these things? I wish I did like all this as I know it would make things easier, but I just cant get into them!

Replies

• LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    For dinner, if you like chicken, you can just cut it in 2 (not all the way) and fill it with the cheese and veggies YOU like! A lil spices and voilà! Just grill it, cook it what ever!

Diet is not about food you just can't stand, it's about eating the quantities you are supposed too. And in my case, lowering the carbs.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Do you want stuff you have to cook or stuff that is ready made?

Diced chicken in a pita with your choice of veggies
    Diced chicken, brown rice, broccoli, and a little peanut satay sauce
    Safeway/Von's Roasted Red Pepper and Crab Bisque (soup)
    Chorizo, spinach, and eggs in a frittata
  • dzvinka82
    dzvinka82 Posts: 33
    Options
    I feel your pain! I am the same way. I am such a picky eater! I struggle the most at figuring out decent lunch ideas. Because I am so picky, I have resorted to eating the same 2 or 3 things for lunch for months LOL...I dont know about you, but I hate left overs as well!
  • loumaag
    loumaag Posts: 118
    Options
    I need some help spicing up my lunch routine (and dinner too). I see a lot of great recipes on here, problem is I don’t like a lot of the stuff that people tout as the best food they’ve ever had. This list includes, but is not entirely limited to: avocado, cottage cheese, yogurt (greek or otherwise), hummus, tomato, beans, olives…..I’m sure I could go on, but ill leave it at that for now. Any good suggestions on quick and yummy meals that don’t include these things? I wish I did like all this as I know it would make things easier, but I just cant get into them!
    It is more about what you like than what you don't like. Given a list of things you could or would eat, make smart decisions on quantity and quality of ingredients. An example is, I love a fried ham po-boy, dressed (as they say where I come from) with swiss cheese. Well obviously if I am trying to eat healthier, that isn't going to cut it. Drop the cheese, change to a whole wheat toast, go easy on the Miracle Whip and with 2 ozs of lean ham, lettuce, and tomato I can get away with a 206 calorie sandwich that is filling for lunch.

So the bottom line is put yourself a list of stuff you will eat, then look for the healthiest method of incorporating them into your menu for lunch and dinner.
  • soccerella
    Options
    I certainly understand what you all mean, its just frustrating to see recipes all the time that I cant uses since I dont like the main ingredients (I should add chicken to the list)

I like shrimp, turkey, and ham (really most meat except chicken) and huge into cheese unfortunately. The problem is that I get lazy and into a habit and tend to eat the same thing every day...either a turkey and cheese on wheat toast sandwich or a green salad with shrimp and sesame dressing. I like those, but I need other options. I dont mind making things, but they'd also have to transport to work well and be easily assembled in the morning.

anyhow, thanks for the feedback!
  • dnrjohnsey
    dnrjohnsey Posts: 10
    Options
    This idea may help and it is reallyy good.. I make a salad of just lettuce, cut up deli ham and put on it, then I fry motzerella cheese and lay it on top of the ham, a little of ranch dressing, topped off with sugar free pickles. Also, you can try a little chicken sauteed in onions and garlic, on a burrito with cheese and lettuce.. not sure if this will help but i lost quite a bit of weight doing this at times. :smile:
  • soccerella
    Options
    This idea may help and it is reallyy good.. I make a salad of just lettuce, cut up deli ham and put on it, then I fry motzerella cheese and lay it on top of the ham, a little of ranch dressing, topped off with sugar free pickles. Also, you can try a little chicken sauteed in onions and garlic, on a burrito with cheese and lettuce.. not sure if this will help but i lost quite a bit of weight doing this at times. :smile:

that salad sounds good....how do you fry the cheese and what kind do you get?
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Shrimps? Make a sandwich with them (chopped) in a wrap! Yummy!