Newbie, lots of lbs to lose, would like some friends :)

Options
Hi everyone! I'm Rebecca, from Oxford in the UK, and after putting on a lot of weight over the last few years (mostly due to personal issues) I'm finally ready to dedicate myself to becoming a healthy size again! I'm 5'1 and weigh 234lbs currently, and my goal is 154 or thereabouts! I realize this means I'm gonna be in it for the long haul, so it'd be really great to just get to know some people on here, to talk to about weight loss, fitness and everything else! Please feel free to add me!

Replies

• byebyeluvhandles
    byebyeluvhandles Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Welcome Rebecca. I am 5'3" and my heaviest (that I can remember) was about 232. I hated stepping on a scale so I'm not sure if I was ever heavier than that. I just want to let you know that you can do this. I recently got out of the 200s, as of Monday, I am now 196.
    Sending FR.
    Don't give up, it can be done!!
  • lostwisdom
    lostwisdom Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling hating stepping on the scales, recently I've done it so rarely I've been like 6/7lbs heavier every time, so it'd be nice to hopefully change that now! Mega congrats on breaking the 200 mark! What have you found to be most effective losing your weight?
    Accepted your friend request, thanks! This forum especially is really inspiring to me so I'm really starting to believe I can do it seeing all the success stories!
  • anythingcanbe
    Options
    Hi, I'm also scouting for friends and I would be happy to add you! I'll send a request your way. :)

Juliana
  • PHATmommy68
    PHATmommy68 Posts: 112
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!! :)
  • jozeemom
    jozeemom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Jodi. I used mfp for a while and then took a break but I'm back at it now and need some new friends to help me stay motivated. Would love for you to add me :)
  • EmiVReyes
    EmiVReyes Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    you can do it! I started out in the same boat! You'll get there. MFP is a great place to be! Will send you a friend request. :)

Welcome!:smile:
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hi Rebecca, My name is Kim and I have been using MFP since first of January (started in November or somewhere around there but never really used MFP or changed my eating habits until January 2012). I am 5'2" and weighed 220 when I started, after 6 months I am now down to 159. I feel a whole lot better and know it can be done with portion control and exercise. I have never lost this much weight before and not feel starving. You CAN definitely do this (if I can anyone can) and I will help encourage you along the way and you can do the same for me. Here we go! :)