CrossFit

Options
Does anyone do CrossFit? I have just started tracking my calories and exercise and have no idea how to track our WOD's.

Replies

• sharfisher
    sharfisher Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I don't do it, I am just contemplating joining; would "calesthenics, vigourous effort" be a close description?
  • pkdscript
    pkdscript Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That would probably be the best to describe it. Thank you!
  • sharfisher
    sharfisher Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Have you been doing Crossfit it for very long? Is it crazy hard? I did a core workout this morning -- just my handy Jillian Michaels "no more trouble zones" DVD which is super sets of squats, lunges, abs, etc. and I called that calisthenics, vigourous. It gave it 377 calories for 45 min. and I think that's pretty ballpark.

I also run and am dabbling in road biking, if you want a friend on here feel free to add me...I'm a newbie. about 10 lbs to lose. Good luck!
  • iluvmyortiz1122
    iluvmyortiz1122 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I do it! I had to buy a Polar b/c I'm so anal I NEEEEDED to know how many calories I was burning. BUT, I just read that it's not made for strength training, but only cardio :/ So now I don't know how accurate my calorie burn is. Having the HRM, I would just do a custom slot for cardio training based off how many minutes I did and how many calories it said I burned.
  • pkdscript
    Options
    if you type in "Aerobic, high impact" for 45 minutes, you burn 436 calories. I think that is pretty accurate.
  • pkdscript
    Options
    I have been doing it for about 9 months and just love it!! We haven't done the same WOD (Workout of the Day) twice and I have always been able to finish the WOD. I am usually the oldest one in the group (52) but you scale each workout to suite what you can do (if you can't do pull ups - which most of us can't, you use a box and land on that). It is THE MOST POSITIVE part of my day. Most of the time you think you are gonna just die but then you have the greatest feeling of what you just accomplished. Just the other day I did my first double under (jumping rope doing two rotations but still only jumping once). The whole gym erupted in applause for me - made me feel soooo good!! You will love it. It can be expensive but my company pays $35 towards my gym membership and I also get 25% off b/c my husband is law enforcement and prior military.