Replies

• Stardiva37
    Stardiva37 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    my nutrionist said eggwhite omelets..or try eggbeaters..mmmm
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My cholesterol was high so I was advised to quit eating eggs - I was having 2 a day for breakfast. So I switched over to egg beaters. And my cholesterol went up. Egg beaters are easy - just pour and no shells to worry about. Seems like the experts can't make up their minds about what is good for you and what is not. So if you like eggs, eat eggs.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with eating them everyday.

If you can make friends with someone who has chickens. NOTHING beats fresh organic eggs.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Eggs are good for you! It's too bad there is so much junk science around.

I personally don't care for eggs. i only eat them once in a while. But if you love them, eat them! And I poo-poo the whole "don't eat the yolk" thing too. Yolks are the yummy part and full of good protein. Two eggs a day is pretty low in calories.
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Eggs are good for you! It's too bad there is so much junk science around.

I personally don't care for eggs. i only eat them once in a while. But if you love them, eat them! And I poo-poo the whole "don't eat the yolk" thing too. Yolks are the yummy part and full of good protein. Two eggs a day is pretty low in calories.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! LOVED THIS REPLY!! x
  • funicello
    funicello Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    English Muffin
    Avocado
    Tomato slice
    Onion chopped
    Olive Oil
    Poached Egg (optional)

Spread a bit of avocado on an english muffin, add a slice of tomato & some chopped onion. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil. With or without a poached egg.
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    English Muffin
    Avocado
    Tomato slice
    Onion chopped
    Olive Oil
    Poached Egg (optional)

Spread a bit of avocado on an english muffin, add a slice of tomato & some chopped onion. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil. With or without a poached egg.

Sounds so good Although i cant do english muffins, no wheat allowed! :sad:
  • funicello
    funicello Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    There are gluten free / wheat free english muffins. Also, here is a link with a recipe to make your own. They sound really good although I haven't tried them. If this recipe doesn't work for you, there were numerous others.

http://glutenfreesoxfan.wordpress.com/2007/09/15/homemade-english-muffins/
  • Bazan101
    Bazan101 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I recently came across the combination of 8 oz greek yogurt (plain), with 1 tablespoon of honey or fig preserve or any jam for that matter and any type of nut.

So, this week I had the yogurt with walnuts and honey and it was delicious. You can add a banana on the side and your all set.

You should also try nut butters with a piece of fruit like an apple or pear and a piece of really delicious cheese like brie or manchego.
  • sfarrell1359
    sfarrell1359 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/chicken_apple_sausage.html

This is a good sausage patty. I make it on the weekend and freeze it. It makes 8 patties. I usually eat a banana or some type of fruit with it.
  • seabreeze2012
    Options
    You can eat anything you want for breakfast. Who says you have to eat eggs, or cereal. Eat what you eat for lunch or dinner. There are no rules.
  • emwilson09
    emwilson09 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ego waffles really open up a lot of doors. My brother is a diabetic and he often starts his day with a plain whole wheat ego waffle with peanut butter on it. it's fast and filling. For a really awesome treat if you put like a super small amount of nutella on an ego waffle and load it up with fruit (I like strawberries) it tastes just like a crepe. Although I can't have nutella in the house when I'm on a diet :P
  • Dibone0212
    Dibone0212 Posts: 18
    Options
    My girlfriend eats the smores waffles for 100 calories each.