Yummy Blended Coffee Protein Smoothie

Options
kendrart
kendrart Posts: 49 Member
I got this recipe from an old copy of Whole Living, I think you can still find it on their website. Made it for the first time this morning, soooo good - creamy, delicious, was perfect for me after a workout.

Blend the following for one serving:

4-5 ice cubes
1 banana (I like to freeze my bananas for smoothies, if you try this make sure you peel them *before* freezing & stick them in a bag or container!)
1 scoop Vega chocolate protein powder (you can substitute your own obviously, but I highly recommend Vega's!)
1/4 cup brewed coffee (I made mine the night before and put it in the fridge.)
1 cup almond milk (unsweetened of course.)

For a total of 251 calories! And if you're curious, from the nutrients I track on MFP there are; 5 grams of iron, 31 grams of carbs (23 are from the banana), 12 grams of sugar (entirely from the banana), only 5 grams of fat, and a whopping 28 grams of protein.

Enjoy!

Replies

• emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    Oh My....... I think my heart just teared up a little! =)
    That looks very yummy and I'm gonna try it!! I can have my coffee, and protein drink! For way less calories than I normally have.
    Thanks for sharing!
  • xTenaciousJx
    xTenaciousJx Posts: 555
    Options
    so going to try this! i love VEGA! i do the same but add spinach. now ill try with coffee :)
  • valeriedent2
    valeriedent2 Posts: 154
    Options
    You have no idea how happy you've just made me!!
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Nice!
    I'll give that a shot right now actually - I usually do the same thing but with cocoa powder instead of coffee (and a half banana).

Think I might actually keep the cocoa and make it a mocha!
  • kendrart
    kendrart Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm glad others are as excited as I was - so great to find a way to enjoy coffee (especially like this in the summer!) without feeling bad about it :)
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    OH YES
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    hmmmmnow that its summer i may have to do this instead of my normal mornign coffee routine
  • heatherheather45
    heatherheather45 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i will have to get some protin powder, but will be trying this for sure thanks for putting this on site
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Nice!
    I'll give that a shot right now actually - I usually do the same thing but with cocoa powder instead of coffee (and a half banana).

Think I might actually keep the cocoa and make it a mocha!

I can confirm that it is awesome!

I'd recommend adding a little cocoa powder if you have some handy!
  • fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    thanks! sounds yum!:drinker:
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    I'm definitely goign to try the coffee in the fridge thing the night before - never thought about putting coffee in my protein shake. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!
  • workoutbarbie29
    workoutbarbie29 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try this one tomorrow morning.
  • free2live72003
    Options
    bump
  • brookea87
    brookea87 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    bump
  • michspor
    michspor Posts: 57
    Options
    mmmm sounds very good!