Pop-Tarts...wtf?!

Options
2»

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    :noway:
    Haha Pop-Tarts are def evil. I remember in high school I would eat them all the time...and Toaster Strudel!!! WAHHHHHH oh those days! I love the cinnamon roll Pop-Tarts :p neverrrrr again!

Me too! A Pop-Tart was a regular breakfast when I was in high school. Yeah, no wonder I was so overweight then. :grumble: I will not buy them for my kids, they would never even ask for them. They do make organic ones, but they are still not a great choice and high in cals!!
  • amysol
    amysol Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmm pop tarts! :-)
  • bortass
    bortass Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Pop tarts are a small reason I'm a tub. Well I know they are not WHY I'm fat, after all I'm the one that eats them 4 at a time........ So my lousy willpower/choices kill me.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    you know what's even scarier, look at the once with the icing, check out the sugar. It's brutal. And not only are these high carb, high sugar, they are high processed carb, and high processed sugar.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I don't think poptarts even qualify as "food". Kind of like Doritoes...I don't think they qualify as food either.:laugh:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I don't think poptarts even qualify as "food". Kind of like Doritoes...I don't think they qualify as food either.:laugh:

Doritos aren't food, they're an obsession. One that I have proudly avoided for well over a month. Damn you Frito Lay!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I think Pop-Tarts have like 37g carbs for the 2 per package. GAHHH! And as far as chips go, I could never ever give those up. I like to switch it up, but right now I'm eating Natural Cheetos :love: I know they have no nutritional value, but they make my sandwiches so much better, and for only 70 cals, I can swing it.

When I went home last my bro (17 and skinny) had a bag of Doritos: Tacos at Midnight. They were soooo good...I definitely can't buy them because I would eat way too many.
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    per 50g pop tart had 198 calories...1 isnt enough for me!! lol
  • CSimpson
    CSimpson Posts: 20
    Options
    If you are having a Pop Tart craving, check out the ones from Fiber One. I know they aren't the healthiest breakfast choice in the world but each Pop Tart contains 5 grams of fiber, which is more than most breakfast cereals. I keep a box in my desk drawer for those crazy mornings where I'm running late or just need a quick breakfast.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    my grandma used to make them and melt some butter on top. yum! i haven't had one for probably seven or so years (don't remember why i quit), but if i did that is how i would make it. :) bad habits die hard.
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    My husband eats them everyday and when I found out they made a chocolate chip cookie dough one I almost died as I am a HUGE fan of cookie dough ice cream! I reasoned with myself though that 3 bucks just wasn't worth the possibility of me gaining weight..damn them!!! lol
  • hesse_v
    hesse_v Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Vienna sauseges! Great example! In one can, it is 2.5 servings! now why would they do that? When i open a can, I eat the WHOLE thing!
  • RMX82
    RMX82 Posts: 172
    Options
    I love those little *kitten*, haha.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    Do people actually feed these to their chidren? They don't even resemble food,I am surprised that they only have 200 calories to be honest. But then all the most crap stuff tastes the best sadly, it's packed full of stuff that once we have a taste for, we crave in a similar way to nicotine.
  • Raina0512
    Raina0512 Posts: 216
    Options
    I only buy the UNFROSTED STRAWBERRY ones (we toast them then put light margerine on top, like toast) - They're AMAZING but definately still fattening! :(
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    My favorites are the chocolate fudge ones.... when you toast them, the whole house smells like brownies baking in the oven... omg! What did I have to read this topic??? :sad: Now I want some! .... they're bad for me.... they're bad for me... (repeat with me).... they're bad for me! :wink:
  • bikinibrooke123
    Options
    A unfrosted pop tart had 200 cal each!
    A Low Fat pop tart has 180 calories each. Better bit still no nutrition..
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    wow that is crazy!

i never ate many pop tarts (i think i've eaten perhaps 10 in my life) but i enjoyed them!

much like i enjoyed pizza pops...i can't imagine how many calories those must have!
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I can't keep them in my house. I would go through them so fast. My favorite use to be the one's with the apple filling and frosting. They stopped making them when I was a kid. I can still remember how good they tasted. :happy:
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I find it amazing how many products are made for kids that have such crazy high calorie and sugar content. You're right, it's no wonder our nation has such an obesity problem with our children. When I was a kid Pop Tarts where advertised as a breakfast food, lately they have "cleaned up there act" a little bit by advertising it as a desert or snack type of item. I also remember when I was a kid (this wasn't all that long ago as I'm only 31) they used to have something called "Malt-o-Meal" which was a chocolate oatmeal type of food that was advertised for breakfast. That stuff was a calorie nightmare, but I'm happy to report I've not seen it on the shelf for a few years, so maybe they stopped making it.

But some of the stuff they still make for kids for breakfast are just crazy - like chocolate cereals, cereals with marshmallows in them, frosted cereals. This is insane! The sugar content alone is enough to push kids into diabetes! Not to mention most juices on the market have enough sugar in them you can just about accurately describe them as liquid candy. This nation needs to WAKE UP and stop poisoning our children! Parents need to stop buying this crap and start teaching children proper nutrition and proper portion control.