• mayhemrat2
    mayhemrat2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great job! I just quit on Saturday.
  • mikeschratz
    mikeschratz Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I got 235 days smoke free...
    Good luck, if you need some support would love to be part of that too!
  • sleonardbranson
    Options
    Great job :drinker:

I smoked for about ten years on and off between having children, but completely stopped after the last one....Over five years now!
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Great job. Your lungs thank you.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Approaching the six year mark myself after 33 year habit :bigsmile: Congratulate you on starting an exercise program immediately, my downfall I didn't gain weight the first 8 months quit, then the pounds started packing on and I wasn't pro-active about handling the issue until 8 months ago. Good Luck and hang in there, it gets easier.
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What an amazing accomplishment!

I finished a pack on Sunday, and when I was about to go out and buy a new one, I thought "what happens if i just DON'T. BUY. ANOTHER. PACK." And so I haven't. I hope I can stick with it... I've been a casual smoker (around 1-2 packs a week) for 8 years now, and while I'm not a very heavy smoker I really would like to quit. I just enjoy it so very much. :(

Any words of advice?
  • carrie3479
    carrie3479 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    fantastic, well done you. It is quite and achievement , I am waiting on my consultation tomorrow and hopefully this time I will quit once and for all!!
  • kinghavok
    kinghavok Posts: 104
    Options
    quit 12 years ago...wish I would have used the gym then instead of food
  • gitnfit2
    gitnfit2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    90 days and counting and lovin the fact I am free from cigs.
  • Dethea
    Dethea Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Well done sir! It is so liberating to know that your life isn't controlled by those things anymore. Good luck with the future!
  • HausfrauB
    HausfrauB Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all my fellow no-longer-smokers!!!

9/19 marks my two-year quit-a-versary. :)
  • tsavisky
    tsavisky Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    ah yes, quitting smoking is also the cause of a good chunk of my weight gain...
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I quit Jan 26,2012 after I almost lost my leg to a blood clot.I smoked for 46 years. Keep up the great job and you can lose if you log your food every day and stay within the guidelines and exercise. Good Luck!
  • Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's great!!!

July 1st was 9 months for me!

I will never be a smoker again, it feels so awesome to run and swim or go up a flight of stairs without feeling like I am dying afterward.
  • kinghavok
    kinghavok Posts: 104
    Options
    Congratulations! What an amazing accomplishment!

I finished a pack on Sunday, and when I was about to go out and buy a new one, I thought "what happens if i just DON'T. BUY. ANOTHER. PACK." And so I haven't. I hope I can stick with it... I've been a casual smoker (around 1-2 packs a week) for 8 years now, and while I'm not a very heavy smoker I really would like to quit. I just enjoy it so very much. :(

Any words of advice?
    When I quit I found keeping my hands occupied helped tons. The habit of hand to mouth was the killer for me . So thats why I said gym over food. You could also use the Nicorette lozenge I know several folks that were able to quit cigarettes within a week or 2 and they come in cool favors.