Apple Cider Vinegar and Water?

Options
Has anyone had additional weight loss success with adding apple cider vinegar to their water? I'm wondering if the benefits outweigh the horrible taste... is it worth the torture?

Replies

• paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I tried drinking the apple cider vinegar...ewwwwwww. I really could not stomach it, so I couldn't say if it does anything in that aspect. Instead I have a green salad almost every night with dinner and use the apple cider vinegar instead of dressing. A little goes a long way and it saves on calories too.
  • inhistime513
    Options
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Im curious too, been considering it.
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I tried drinking the apple cider vinegar...ewwwwwww. I really could not stomach it, so I couldn't say if it does anything in that aspect. Instead I have a green salad almost every night with dinner and use the apple cider vinegar instead of dressing. A little goes a long way and it saves on calories too.

Yep, this~!
  • rritter165
    Options
    I drink it daily. I warm the water. I find it to be very drinkable. I have not seen results to date. I am going to stick with it for a few weeks.
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I dunno.... but it sounds nasty. ew.
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have to admit..... I love the taste. I guess I am more of a sour than sweet person anyways!

I don't notice that it helps with weight loss at all.... But it does tend to help with my allergies and when I feel sick from being glutened.
  • tomusiakl
    tomusiakl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    One dear friend of mine got great results losing weight from drinking apple cider vinegar in her water twice daily. When she went to a regular dental checkup the dentist realize that the enamel of her teeth was not the same. He said what she has been eating or drinking daily that was acidic. She told him. Once she stopped and went back six months later her teeth improved. She is not using apple cider vinegar anymore.

I hope this helps someone. I read where one person recommends brushing your teeth after drinking it. I don't know if this will help.
  • gabeaj
    gabeaj Posts: 2
    Options
    I find it does not help with weight loss but with you digestion. it breaks down the food you are eating better for you colon. I personally take 1tbsp in the morning straight up no water. I find that a little easier to tolarate.
  • inhistime513
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I did read about the tooth enamel concerns as well, definitely will have to brush more often. I heard that vinegar is supposed to stabilize your blood sugar and suppress your appetite. I do like the taste on my salad...hmmm not sure if i could tolerate a straight spoonful though...I wonder if a little lemon and honey would help a bit? I'm finding I can only drink water if its cold and with lots of ice. Thanks again for your feedback. Best wishes to you all in meeting your goals.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Don't brush your teeth immediately after drinking it. That will make it worse. Drink it with a straw so you minimize the amount that gets on your teeth. (Or don't drink it at all. Because I doubt it does any good.)