Clean Eating ...How do I start and where?

Options
So...I have been hearing a lot about Clean Eating and i KINDA understand what they are talking about but not completely. I wasnt too concerned about it until lately, I have heard that Clean Eating is a great "way of eating" for those with Thyroid issues.

Any suggestions on where to go to start loking into this way of life? I am not saying I am going to do it but, I was just interested to see what it entails and if it is a viable solution as to a direction to take for my health?

Replies

• nikki_dw
    nikki_dw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You should check out www.100daysofrealfood.com. There's a 10-day challenge you can do and the site lays out pretty specific rules for how to avoid processed foods. I haven't brought myself to do the challenge yet, but I'm working my way there.
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    THANKS! That is a pretty neat site. I will look into it.
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    You should check out www.100daysofrealfood.com. There's a 10-day challenge you can do and the site lays out pretty specific rules for how to avoid processed foods. I haven't brought myself to do the challenge yet, but I'm working my way there.

Thanks for the site! Very helpful.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    You just really need to read labels and not eat processed foods. Eat whole grains, unprocessed meats, fresh fruits & veggies, etc. Stay away from refined sugars and foods that have a long ingredient list, especially of things you can't pronounce.
  • michspor
    michspor Posts: 57
    Options
    Great site ! Thank you for the tip!
  • MarlaRFulton
    MarlaRFulton Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Also try the clean eating magazine and web site by the publishers of Oxygen magazine. http://www.cleaneatingmag.com.
    Recipes are kind of "shee shee" but still great info.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    eatcleandiet.com or google tosca reno.