Carb Cycling

Options
Wonderob
Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
The holy grail - build muscle without adding any fat

I've read about carb cycling, has anybody tried it for muscle growth? Keep the protein the same and have low, medium and high carb days

Replies

• dr3wman
    dr3wman Posts: 205
    Options
    I havent tried Carb cycling specifically, but I have done calorie cycling. For example increasing my calories (bulking) 3 days a week, and then decreasing them (cutting) 4 days a week. I look at it as a very slow and steady way to gain lean muscle. Carb cycling seems to be the same idea
  • Wonderob
    Options
    I havent tried Carb cycling specifically, but I have done calorie cycling. For example increasing my calories (bulking) 3 days a week, and then decreasing them (cutting) 4 days a week. I look at it as a very slow and steady way to gain lean muscle. Carb cycling seems to be the same idea

Seems to work for you, How did you arrive at your calorie figures? How much above maintenance level for your bulk days? And how much below for your cut days?
  • byrdamy
    byrdamy Posts: 40
    Options
    I started carb cycling yesterday, I am doing the low, low, high cycle. I aim for 75g on low days and 225g on high days (based on weighing 150lbs).

Everything has to be complicated, I am struggling to get in pre/post workout carbs and maintain 75g on workout days. I have heavy lift days on MWF, and T, TH, S are cardio/strength moves. I am not big on eggs, except boiled, so I am struggling with breakfast as I love fruit and would eat it with my cottage cheese.

Curious as to your plan??
  • Wonderob
    Options
    I started carb cycling yesterday, I am doing the low, low, high cycle. I aim for 75g on low days and 225g on high days (based on weighing 150lbs).

Everything has to be complicated, I am struggling to get in pre/post workout carbs and maintain 75g on workout days. I have heavy lift days on MWF, and T, TH, S are cardio/strength moves. I am not big on eggs, except boiled, so I am struggling with breakfast as I love fruit and would eat it with my cottage cheese.

Curious as to your plan??

Well it's a hybrid plan of two carb cycling plans spliced! 3 days of low carbs - 30% 143 gms of carb. And 1 day of high carbs 50% 288gms.

I am struggling though, hard work and maybe too complicated!