New!

Options
OhLibra
OhLibra Posts: 221 Member
Hi! I'm new to MFP, what a great site! I'm looking for some friends to encourage and who will encourage me in return! I'm looking to lose weight and become healthy and fit. Join me on my journey? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• SammyW89
    SammyW89 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new to the site too. Hoping to find lots of ideas and support to keep me going..

Are you doing any specific diet or just cutting back on the naughty treats?

:)
  • GoalByFifty
    GoalByFifty Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP....enjoy the ride!
  • OhLibra
    OhLibra Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new to the site too. Hoping to find lots of ideas and support to keep me going..

I watch my carbs since I have PCOS with insulin resistance. Overall, I'm trying to make healthy choices rather than "diet" and I'm definitely cutting back on treats (my idea of a treat is beer) :laugh:
  • cmason516
    cmason516 Posts: 62
    Options
    Hi! :happy: Feel free to add me. I am always looking for more active and encouraging friends! Good luck to you in your journey!
  • KeisterBunny
    KeisterBunny Posts: 33 Member
    Options

I watch my carbs since I have PCOS with insulin resistance. Overall, I'm trying to make healthy choices rather than "diet" and I'm definitely cutting back on treats (my idea of a treat is beer) :laugh:

:laugh: I never thought of beer as a treat. Too funny! Welcome to MFP. I too am trying to make healthy choices rather than diet, it's such an ugly word. I have noticed a big difference in my snacking choices. Choosing fruits and veg over chips and such. Also switching to whole grains for bread and pasta. My biggest downfall is I am so busy, I don't feel like I get an opportunity to get back calories from exercise. I am going to try to spend my lunch times walking, and eating lunch when I can. Feel free to add me. :flowerforyou: Here is to a new you!