Teeny Tiny NSV - finger fat

Options
julepgirl
julepgirl Posts: 55 Member
I haven't lost a lot of weight, and I'm sure the first five pounds were water, and I can't see any difference yet.

but....

This morning, I realized I can take off (and put back on, of course) my wedding and engagement rings. They've been stuck on for a while... so long that the skin underneath is really, really white, and so smooth it's shiny!

So apparently my answer to "where do you lose first" is "My fingers!" LOL!

Hey, a little more of this, and I'll be a size 6 (...ring... but it sounds good anyway) in no time!

Replies

• ededar
    ededar Posts: 36
    Options
    I noticed that too but during an exam, wasted a whole 5 minutes staring at my fingers lol.
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    Nice NSV :)
  • julepgirl
    Options
    I noticed that too but during an exam, wasted a whole 5 minutes staring at my fingers lol.

I can relate. Just writing that post, I've found myself inspecting the silky smooth skin under the rings - there's no fingerprint lines left there - I wonder if they'll come back... and also, I think the skin is really dry cause when I pinch it, it looks scaley. OK, maybe that's starting to be a little obsessive :P

Now I want to go home and try on old rings that I was too cheap to have sized up!
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    This happened to me too! I had to have my engagement ring resized.
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My wedding ring spins too! That is on of my first indicators as well.
    During the last few months of my last pregnancy it was so difficult to get it on or off. Now I have a problem keeping the thing upright as the diamond weighs it down and it is always in my way.

Congrats!:smile:
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I noticed this too. I'm not down much but my wedding ring fits better and another ring I wear on my right index finger keeps falling off.
  • miss_september
    Options
    Awesome! I had that same thing too this past spring...my wedding band (got married last summer) and my engagement ring both had to be re-sized from an 11 and a 10...to an 8.5 and a 8.75 respectively (my wedding band is thicker so they made it a little bigger).

Isn't a great feeling!!! =-)
  • AnnaYESiCANdoIT
    AnnaYESiCANdoIT Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    what does NSV mean? I also noticed this with my rings and I havent lost any weight yet :)
  • julepgirl
    Options
    what does NSV mean? I also noticed this with my rings and I havent lost any weight yet :)

I just figured it out a few days ago: Non-scale victory
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!