Man, that was so good!

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
I haven't really allowed myself peanut butter in several months. I guess I just look at it as too much fat and calories for the little bit you can have. I have just been craving it SOO much. (I used to eat it by the spoonfull!). And the fact is, we NEED fat in our diets. Fat isn't what makes us fat....it's how much we eat and where the fats come from! :)

So, I got the Skippy Reduced Fat and had 1 tbsp with 10 low fat honey wheat pretzel sticks from trader joes. MMMM great snack right after the gym!

I enjoyed every single bit of it!

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I haven't really allowed myself peanut butter in several months. I guess I just look at it as too much fat and calories for the little bit you can have. I have just been craving it SOO much. (I used to eat it by the spoonfull!). And the fact is, we NEED fat in our diets. Fat isn't what makes us fat....it's how much we eat and where the fats come from! :)

So, I got the Skippy Reduced Fat and had 1 tbsp with 10 low fat honey wheat pretzel sticks from trader joes. MMMM great snack right after the gym!

I enjoyed every single bit of it!
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Yummy!!!!

Good for you.

Tim
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is WONDERFUL!!!! I love 100% nautral chuncky on apples. YUMM!!!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    mmm that does sound good!!! I love it on apples too ...it reminds me of a carmel apple somehow....lol its such a good food that Peanut butter!! so is sunflower butter!! two thumbs up! lol

hugs!
    Ali ...nice job Miss Tami!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I was avoiding pb at first as well but have been having a tiny bit each day with apples/crackers....sooooo good!
  • amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I avoided pb too at first as once i start with it thats it!! I just spoon it out of the jar!

Anyway after hearing lots of people on here eating the natural stuff etc i thought i would get some, so i did and quite often have it on toast for my breakfast!

BUT yesterday i had the most gorgeous lunch EVER!! i had peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwich!!
    mmmmmmmmmm haven't had it for AGES and it was sooooooo good!! Well worth the calories!! :laugh:

Amanda
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    (I used to eat it by the spoonfull!).

Several years ago I was watching Meet Joe Black and my sons walked in when he was eating peanut butter with a spoon - the idea had never occurred to them before that, but ever since then they regularly beg to be allowed to have a spoonful of PB. Sometimes I let them, but they have to use a baby spoon.:smile:
  • greekgyrl02
    greekgyrl02 Posts: 123
    Options
    peanut butter is actually good for you in small amounts and if you eat the good kind...i like to eat a piece of wheat bread with peanut butter before I workout