New here and I love this site!

Options
Hello! I'm so glad my son turned me on to this site - I love it! I'm looking for friends for accountability and friendship, I especially like meeting people in Hawaii, as I'm totally obsessed with it. As for weight loss - I'm back to eating healthy, unprocessed foods - no added sugar, white flour or high fructose corn syrup. I don't eat any fried foods and not too many sweets. I'd love to meet some new friends with similar goals. I'm also passionate about my faith, and I know that "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!"

Drop me a note and let's encourage each other!

Replies

• bsierras
    bsierras Posts: 56
    Options
    Hello! I am not from Hawaii, but I too am new to this site. I am finding the message boards to be very inspirational. I have sent invites to friends to join. Accountability is big!! I have young children and am trying to teach them to eat healthy, we do for the most part, but not always. It will be nice to change this. I find lunches for school the hardest. Friend me if you would like.
  • ilysejohnson
    ilysejohnson Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm new here, as of yesterday, and already love the site. I have done lots of weight loss programs over the years, but the most success I had was with Prism Weight Loss. I've pretty much stuck to the lifestyle of that program, though I was eating too much and gained back some of the 50 pounds I lost back in 2005. Last year, I joined WW, and lost 17 pounds, but totally plateaued and quit sticking to the program. I also have some issues with WW, as they promote healthy eating, but their products contain unhealthy things like processed sugar and flour. Counting points works for some, but it wasn't really where I wanted to be. My son turned me on to this site, and I'm thrilled with it. The online features and mobile apps are even better than WW. I canceled my WW membership and feel good that I found something that works so well and is free!