Looking to add friends

Options
Hi All!

I am not necessarily new here, so to speak, as I have been using the site for awhile. But my only other "friend" was my mom (haha) and she doesn't really use it. I realized that I was losing motivation to keep track of everything because I wasn't being held accountable.

So, I come to you, strangers in internetland! Be my motivational buddy and I'll be yours!

Here's some background: I am 27yr old woman from Indianapolis and I work as a social worker for a local hospital system. I am vegetarian and enjoy riding my bike, reading, and gardening (although with this drought my garden isn't doing so hot). I am married, but don't have any kids. I do have 2 cats.

I have struggled with my weight for the past 19 years. I gained a lot of weight when my parents got divorced when I was 8 and have been dieting, binging, dieting, working out, etc etc since then. Given that my job can be stressful and I sometimes work long hours, it's hard for me to feel motivated to come home and cook a healthy meal or hit the gym to work out. I don't work a typical 9-5 and unfortunately a lot of weight-loss advice is created for people who do. For example, it's not always possible for me to work out and eat dinner before 7pm each day because I might not get home from work until 9. I would like to find some support people who are open-minded, caring, and will help keep me on track and positive. I promise to do the same for you!

My motivation for being healthy is my future. My father has had multiple weight-related health issues and I have decided that I do NOT want to be an overweight/unhealthy 50, 60, or 70 year old! I want to be able to travel the world and have fun until I die, so I could use the help now to keep myself motivated and looking and feeling good!

Anyway, please add me if you feel like I'm someone who could jive with your style. :)

Replies

• Coco_UK
    Coco_UK Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

Feel free to add me :-)
  • freshman1590
    Options
    Hi - i'm new here too and looking for friends. I'm in college and working during the summer. I gained some weight and wanting to lose it now. Anyone add me! I need some friends here. Thanks
  • bwalker1771
    Options
    I just joined a few minutes ago as well! Hello there!
  • oldscratch57
    Options
    feel free to add me !
  • denisa04
    denisa04 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello there my name is Denisa. I am actually new here and my only friend on this is my mom too haha. I am quite young, but i am doing this to get myself to a healthy weight for my age and height and to learn a healthy lifestyle. I have many members in my family that struggle with weight and in the long run it also caused them health problems. I do not want to have the same problems.
  • capinoy
    capinoy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Add me as well. I'm looking for friends as well. I enjoy helping others by motivating and holding people accountable to reach what ever fitness goal they have in mind.

Charlie
  • ethanhennard
    Options
    Always looking for people to share a common goal with. Add me if you'd like! =)
  • AmandaP_23
    AmandaP_23 Posts: 31
    Options
    My parents are currently going through a divorce. But luckily, I've been losing the weight and not gaining it.
    But I also have no friends but have been on here for a while. I'd love to be your friend. ^_^
  • adrushe
    adrushe Posts: 25
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I just downloaded the app and am looking for some motivation to lose weight. I have never been motivated but the time has come! Together we can do this! :smile:
  • adrushe
    adrushe Posts: 25
    Options
    Good for you, for being proactive! I'm sure many kids your age wouldn't have the same motivation as you! Together we can support each other and all reach our goals!
  • JamieBrasington
    Options
    you can add me :D
  • heretoloseit95
    Options
    Hey, It's always nice to have more friends on here = )
    Feel free to add me :)
  • TeddyCruz
    TeddyCruz Posts: 9
    Options
    You can add me as well.
  • Tachimai
    Tachimai Posts: 5
    Options
    Plz add me too! I would love online support, and I'm definitely willing to give it too! :D
  • MissCeciFrench
    Options
    feel free to add me I would love to make some friends on here!
  • missymuffet459
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well!
  • MsTonyaRenee
    MsTonyaRenee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Add me :) I work swing shift so I completely understand how different schedules are a challenge