Pre Pregnancy Jeans???

Options
So I always hear people saying that want to be back to pre pregnancy weight.... Although I agree, I would love to be back to where I was before babies, I wont be... I can be the same weight, but my body carries it differently... My hips are wider, and fat had gained in places I hadnt had fat before.... Either way, I thought I would try on my smallest jeans that I still own the other day, and guess what, they fit! They don't fit the "same" way they use to, but they still fit! I guess what I am trying to say is just because you are back to your "pre pregnancy" weight, doesnt mean you are going to look like you did pre pregnancy necessarily. and thats ok! I am happy with my results this far! Its so bitter sweet that most of my jeans, and even underwear, are super baggy on me... (bitter sweet because I dont want to spend a ton of money on new clothes, but sweet because I am losing weight! Anyways, just thought I would share my two cents :) I am 5'8 and currently around 149lbs.... Started at 176lbs. Looking to lose another 10-12. If you would like to be friends feel free to add me :)

prepregnancyjeans.jpg
so here they are, my pre pregnancy jeans... along with my super dusty and dirty mirror and my not so made bed :) haha whatever!

Replies

• AshleyNicole0710
    Options
    So I always hear people saying that want to be back to pre pregnancy weight.... Although I agree, I would love to be back to where I was before babies, I wont be... I can be the same weight, but my body carries it differently... My hips are wider, and fat had gained in places I hadnt had fat before.... Either way, I thought I would try on my smallest jeans that I still own the other day, and guess what, they fit! They don't fit the "same" way they use to, but they still fit! I guess what I am trying to say is just because you are back to your "pre pregnancy" weight, doesnt mean you are going to look like you did pre pregnancy necessarily. and thats ok! I am happy with my results this far! Its so bitter sweet that most of my jeans, and even underwear, are super baggy on me... (bitter sweet because I dont want to spend a ton of money on new clothes, but sweet because I am losing weight! Anyways, just thought I would share my two cents :) I am 5'8 and currently around 149lbs.... Started at 176lbs. Looking to lose another 10-12. If you would like to be friends feel free to add me :)

prepregnancyjeans.jpg
    so here they are, my pre pregnancy jeans... along with my super dusty and dirty mirror and my not so made bed :) haha whatever!

by the way, my boys are 5 and 1 1/2 for those that are curious :)
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Wow! Look at you! I wish I had a pregnancy as an excuse. :tongue: Way to go!
  • Brizoeller
    Brizoeller Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I always hear that about the jeans too! And i was definitely one of them. Before i got pregnant I was in a size 8. After i had my little boy I was in a size 14, quickly down to a 12. And all I wanted was those size 8's again!! My boy is 19 months now :) Happily i can say, that my size 8 jeans are donated and I am now in a 6 and almost to a 4 in jeans. I never thought the day would come when i was smaller than before i got pregnant. Totally agree about everything shifting, oh boy did it!
  • sonyalbruno
    sonyalbruno Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Yes so true even though your pre-pregnancy weight it dosnt fit the same. I wore my jeans all throughout my first pregnancy I gained weight but it was all belly no where else. Wasnt so lucky with my second pregnancy I gained weight in odd places lol
    Hope I look half as good as you do in a few months :D
  • Ahelmicki
    Ahelmicki Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You look great and congrats on getting into those pre pregnancy jeans.... I am trying to get there. When I got pregnant with my first daughter I was 130# after she was born 160# two years later 185# (OMG HOW DID I GET TO THAT POINT) When I got pregnant for my second I was 185# after she was born 10 weeks ago I was back to 165# now 10 weeks later I am down to 155# and my goal is back to 130# so I still have 25# to go. Thanks for the inspiration, I know I will prolly never fit into my size 3 again because my hips are much wider than before and like you said i now have fat in places i never did before. Good luck on reaching your goal !
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    congrats! me so jealous =)
  • AshleyNicole0710
    Options
    thanks to all of you lovely ladies for the kind words!!! I was always told it was wayyy harder to lose the weight after the 2nd child... I didnt believe it, until I had my second child!!! I think everyone is different obviously, but it is hard! I have friends that are pregnant and eat terrible, I keep trying to tell them that even though they are pregnant they still need to eat healthy, control portions, and be active... or it is going to haunt them later! Now I know what happens when you have the pregnancy mentality of "i have an excuse to eat what i want" or "im eating for two" ... I am so lucky I found the motivation that a lot of people dont. I woke up one day and realized that I was not happy with who I was, and I was the ONLY person who could change that... and I did.. I still work on it daily, and as I said, have some more weight i would like to drop, but its become a lifestyle at this point. You can do it ladies!!! I sat on the couch, in self pity, too lazy to make a difference for way too long! when my child turned 1, i realized it wasnt "baby fat" anymore. We are all sooo hard on ourselves! Lose the weight because you want to be healthy, have energy, and feel good about yourself, not just to fit in those jeans :) Its a great accomplishment, and it keeps you motivated when you see positive changes, but it shouldnt be the only reason you want to lose weight. I know everyone here has it in them, if i could do it you definitely can! Brizoeller, you are the perfect example to sooo many that want to lose that weight! congrats on your accomplishment!
  • AshleyNicole0710
    Options
    I always hear that about the jeans too! And i was definitely one of them. Before i got pregnant I was in a size 8. After i had my little boy I was in a size 14, quickly down to a 12. And all I wanted was those size 8's again!! My boy is 19 months now :) Happily i can say, that my size 8 jeans are donated and I am now in a 6 and almost to a 4 in jeans. I never thought the day would come when i was smaller than before i got pregnant. Totally agree about everything shifting, oh boy did it!

you are awesome!!! such an inspiration!!! I dont remember the last time i was under a size 9... I was in shape, and looked good, but i am a very curvy girl and have always had a big butt! lol. A size 7 would be amazing!!! goals!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!