I want to give up....

Options
What is wrong with me? What made me think that I could eat a dozen oatmeal cookies and two pieces of pizza today? I didn't even exercise, and I seldom do because I feel too tired after caring for 5 children. I'm afraid my weight will go up, and after all of my children, I've always been able to lose the weight with little effort. This time it feels different....I'm 30lbs heavier after having the last baby than I was with any of the others, and I'm also almost 37 years old.
HELP!

Replies

• tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I am sure that caring for five kids takes a lot out of you. Don't get down on yourself. Don't give up because you ate badly today. Just tell yourself that it is okay, and that you will do better tomorrow.
  • gipsiwriter
    gipsiwriter Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Don't do it! I'm almost 37 too, a single mom with 3 kids, and I have 130 lbs to lose. I got this way because every time i "fell off the wagon", I saw it as a failure and felt like I had to 'start all over again', so I'd take days, weeks, or even months 'off' before 'starting over'. Now when I have a bad day, I examine what led me to binge (was it emotional eating? Did I skip a meal and my brain was telling me I needed sustanance? Did I eat too much of the wrong things?) and then I brush myself off and remind myself that regardless of what I just ate, my next meal is just another opportunity to nourish my body. I try not to look at it as a success or a failure. I just started loving my body and the desire to be kind to it is my focus. Hang in there. Dont give up, just be kind to yourself!
  • enygmatic1
    enygmatic1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey you're awesome, a working mom and caregiver of five children don't get down on yourself. Pick yourself up remind yourself that your health benefits your family and try try again....if we can't make time for ourselves we cheat the ones we love out of more time with us...you can do I know you can...don't give up...
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    What is wrong with me? What made me think that I could eat a dozen oatmeal cookies and two pieces of pizza today? I didn't even exercise, and I seldom do because I feel too tired after caring for 5 children. I'm afraid my weight will go up, and after all of my children, I've always been able to lose the weight with little effort. This time it feels different....I'm 30lbs heavier after having the last baby than I was with any of the others, and I'm also almost 37 years old.
    HELP!

Sweetie-- all I can say is, something's gotta click for you. You can do this. I'm a 45 year old mother of nine-- and I homeschool the younger 5-- husband is unemployed. Stress out the ears-- if I can do this, anybody can.

You can do this-- you're stronger than you realize.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Squoozyq, don't give up! A bad day isn't the end! We all have those days that we kick ourselves for....for instance, I had fast food today. For no good reason whatsoever.

I can't imagine trying to raise five kids and take care of myself, although I am one of five children so I have an idea of how hard it must be. Just see if you can turn taking care of your kids into moving around and being active! Take a new perspective on working out! And don't stress out about it!

Good luck!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    You don't want to give up, you're just tired and unmotivated right now...motivation comes and goes, you just have to try to do the best you can and ride it out. Who hasn't gorged on pizza and cookies- I know I have. You move on though, and try to do better. You have to make quitting not an option- when it's not an option, it's just not. Good luck.
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! just make better choices tomorrow, and like another friend suggested take a moment to evaluate what led up to your problem! You are worth it, and you can move on! We are all on the same team and are pulling for your success!:flowerforyou: Dry your tears and make the rest of today and the next better!:happy: You can do it!:heart::drinker: :bigsmile: I'm a 65 year old mother of 7. There is always hope!
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Please don't give up. I always give up on things for myself and I end up becoming even more unhappy. You had a little mess up today but don't let it ruin your life. Once you start giving up its hard to stop. Take a deep breath and another one. Look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself that you can do it. Tell yourself you are beautiful and in control of your life. Tell yourself you want to bug your kids when they move out and hold your grandchildren. Do this for you! If you need a friend you can send me a message. I have three kids all three and under and I'm only 22. But I know tired and stress. Don't worry it will be worth it. Good luck!
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Remember a quote by Winston Churchill and " Never! Never! Give up!"
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    Don't give up, find something that works!!! I have two children and run a home daycare with 10 kids, if I know that it is going to be a long day then I try to get up early and hit the treadmill, I have also learned that it is ok to hand unfed, un-bathed children over to daddy! He has gotten used to it and so have they. I need this and my workout has become a way to unwind, kids are stressful, I need peace and quite for at least 30 minutes a day!!!!
  • rachale83
    Options
    #1 - Don't be so hard on yourself! Just jump right back into your goals and focus on the positive things you accomplished that day.

#2 - Try to think of food as energy. Raising 5 kids is a hard, hard job and you should be proud of yourself! When you are looking for a snack or a meal, try to remember that the only real purpose of eating is for energy and reach for something with nutrition that your body craves! This will help you stabilize your blood sugar and have more long-lasting energy versus the sugar high's and lo's.

#3 - Good luck!