Weighing In

Options
How often do you weigh in? I always thought once a week, but I was just curious to
see how often everyone else weighs in?

Replies

• ethanhennard
    Options
    Every day. Keeps me more motivated that way to see my day to day progress.
  • CarlyDawn7
    CarlyDawn7 Posts: 23
    Options
    That is a good idea, might try that.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week but there are some who are addicted to weighing. I only post once every 3-4 weeks.
  • Bamberly15
    Bamberly15 Posts: 18
    Options
    I want do at least once a week but I think since I've only been going for a month and a half so far right now, I'm going to wait til the end of every month instead and change it up because I'm the kind of person who gets easily down when I don't see progress even if it is still early in the game.
  • llpleslie
    llpleslie Posts: 53
    Options
    Once a week for me.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Years ago, I used to weigh myself once a day...now I keep it to one every few weeks, sometimes even less. I'm usuaing a tape measuring more now as well and since I don't weigh myself a lot anymore I find I can still use my clothes and how they fit as a guide.
  • hayden2218
    hayden2218 Posts: 15
    Options
    I weigh in every 4-5 days or so and always in the morning. I didn't want to weigh in every single day just because I didn't want to become too dependent on the numbers changing in order to feel good, and I knew that I'd probably be likely to do that whether or not I knew better. (Not saying all people who weigh themselves every day are like that, I'm just speaking for myself and my own tendencies.) Morning time you're at your slimmest so I usually wait till morning to hop on that scale.
  • CynthiaAnnGA
    Options
    I only weigh in on Mondays.
  • MissMel1984
    Options
    Since your newer on the site...grab some measurements of your bust, hips, waist, and thighs. Weigh once a week so you don't get discouraged if it fluctuates on a day to day basis due to water retention, etc. That way you have a starting point...because when you get most of the weight off....you will notice some weight gain but that is muscle mass....not fat mass....that is why you need the measurements. Even though you are gaining pounds, you will be shrinking in inches. Good luck!
  • leenabeana1
    Options
    I do my weight and measurments every Saturday morning:) I found if I weighed myself everyday and I gained I would get down and want to work myself to death, sooo now I'm loving it once a week because I'm losing everytime:)
  • brireif
    brireif Posts: 21
    Options
    I agree..every day is the best way to stay on track.
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I do my weight and measurments every Saturday morning:) I found if I weighed myself everyday and I gained I would get down and want to work myself to death, sooo now I'm loving it once a week because I'm losing everytime:)

I am every day right now, just 20 days into it. I am only logging my weight on Saturday, starting this Saturday. :) I hope to be able to get comfortable enough with my routine, and weigh once a week.
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    Once a week. My body fluctuates a lot day to day. I exercise 6 days a week and I sweat a lot and sometimes I can sweat off 5 or more lbs in a workout. I stopped doing it daily when I got caught up in the yoyo and a few times didn't drink as much during recovery to try and "shave" off a few lbs. That didn't work out real well.

So, I weigh on the morning after my day off, that way I know my weight is fairly normalized.