P90X... What are your thoughts??

Options
I am 5 days in and I don't feel like I am getting what I thought I would out of it. Workouts are hard and I try to keep up but I am wondering if this has really worked for a lot of people that have tried it. Maybe I need to do it for the full four weeks and see how I feel but like most professionals say if you continue doing the same thing your body gets used to that routine and you hit a plateau... Just wondering if this has happened to anyone.

Thoughts please!! :smile:

Replies

• SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    You are only five days in. Give it some time!
  • huckleberry0070
    huckleberry0070 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've been doing P90X for a while now and I love it. If you aren't used to working out or lifting weights, it can definitely be hard, but after a few weeks you will start to feel stronger and see some results... it's definitely worth it. As far as the routine/plateau thing goes, the schedule is designed so that you don't fall into a routine. You do each phase for 3 weeks with a "rest" week in between that kinda resets your muscles. If you are worried about the routine thing you could swap out one of the cardio workouts for a run or exercise class or something just to switch things up.
  • lkcostello
    lkcostello Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    When I started it I didn't feel like I was getting much out of it either. As you progress, and you can do more, get stronger, I think the effects increase as well. You can put more into it because you know what the exercises are and can concentrate on that instead of just trying to figure out what to do.

Good luck.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    LOL does it really work? search the message boards. course, it takes longer THAN 5 DAMN DAYS
    OMG
  • skittles8810
    Options
    I have done Insanity and I am doing P90X, getting ready to do P90X2. It does work. Before P90X I barely could do pushups, now i am doing pull ups and pushups. I have more muscle def and feel excellent. It also helps me bike and run more miles. Give it time. You are only on 5 days and your body will not get used to the workouts, esp if you up your weights.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I have been doing P90X for a while and I love it. At first I was a little discouraged but stick with it. I am seeing results.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    search for P90X results on the forums... there are some pics that speak for themselves. at 5 days in you havent even done all the dvds once yet!
  • EnergyYesPlease
    Options
    I am a gym rat, I always lifted weights and did cardio, I do sweat more with P90X but sometimes feel like I am not getting a lot out of it... But then again I never do videos so I am most likely am over criticizing before really giving it a chance... Will continue on and hope for the best results it's saying they give :)
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 15. I can see the marked improvement in stamina, and I'm down about 6 pounds. I am following the nutritional plan as closely as possible, but not using any of the supplements.

I was truly inspired by her results: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/605301-p90x-day-60-pictures

Now, to keep going!
  • EnergyYesPlease
    Options
    LOL does it really work? search the message boards. course, it takes longer THAN 5 DAMN DAYS
    OMG

No need to be rude... just asking for thoughts!!!
  • HorganMom3
    HorganMom3 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I just started week 10 of p90x. It does take some time. At first I thought, "what in the hell am I doing??", but it does get better and so will you!

I would give it until the end of the 4th week. If by then you still don't feel like your getting ANYTHING out of it then do something else. I get easily bored, so even though I love it, I have even done some other things while doing p90x (running, etc.). Tony even says that its a lot to get used to, and that unless your already pretty fit, you won't be able to keep up and do all that they do, bit to just bring it the best you can each time and forget the rest. Just push play and push through it!!
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    it took awhile to notice the differences in my body looks wise but my stamina was way better after a couple weeks. 5 days isn't long enough to notice. Give it some time and keep going. I have been enjoying it the whole way through. i am in phase 3. If you get bored add a run in or another class like Zumba or something to keep things fresh. Don't give up on it. It really works.
  • EnergyYesPlease
    Options
    Thanks for the support! I do appreciate it... I do tend to get bored quick and I just wasn't sure if it worked for everyone else. I am keeping up with it, doing Kenpo-X tonight!! Yoga was pretty tough and was a god awful sweaty site ;) But since I see my body every day I guess I won't be able to see the results that my friends would probably notice before me.
    So cheers to me and everyone else staying strong and positive!!!! Maybe posting before and after pics will help me see the results better.. hmmm
  • huckleberry0070
    huckleberry0070 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I start P90X back in May and though I haven't lost much weight (I really only have 5-10lbs to lose) I have definitely gotten stronger. I went to the gym today to settle a billing issue and tried out some of the weights just to see what kind of improvements I'd made. After about 7 weeks of P90X I am lifting 15 pounds more on arms/back and 20lbs on legs!
  • TurningBackTheHandsOfTime
    Options
    Exercise programs like P90X aren't quick fixes they take effort and dedication, expecting results in such a short amount of time is unrealistic. Just keep with it and you will see results! You can always change up the order of the routine to add some variety if you are getting bored but stick with it ...you may be surprised by the results at the end of the 90 days! Good luck!