Sucker for a good drink!

Options
misty3127
misty3127 Posts: 19
I need some recipes for alcohol based beverages that are diet friendly that taste delicious!! Please help if you have any!

Replies

• sfgonzales
    sfgonzales Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I stick to wine and beer the majority of the time because I know how many calories I'm getting.... Those drinks at restaurants can pack tons of sugar and calories. I found out after I started losing weight that one chocolate martini packs 400 calories! Add up several of those and you are consuming 800 plus calories!
  • mielchat
    mielchat Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/05/iced-green-tea-mojito.html
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/05/skinnytaste-citrus-margarita-spritzer.html

There's a few on here, otherwise google something like 'diet friendly alcohol recipes'. Also, vodka & diet coke, bacardi breezers and smirnoff light are relatively low calorie.
    Weight Watchers do their own range of wine too. :smile:
  • Bug207
    Bug207 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Oh girl, alcohol is ALWAYS my calorie killer. It's tough because on average, an ounce of vodka or tequila has around 70 calories and a glass of wine can easily put you over 100 calories. In general, when I know I'll be drinking I make sure to exercise plenty in the morning and fill up on high density, lower calorie foods.

There are the obvious bare-bone drinks like straight up shots, light beers, hard liquors with diet sodas, or the ever so classy sugar-free jello shots. My favorite drink has always been and probably will always be a margarita. I make mine with about half a cup of fresh squeezed lime juice, a fourth a cup of tequila, ice cubes, and three to four strawberries. Most margaritas call for a little bit of Triple Sec, but I don't think the extra calories are worth it. If I put enough ice in there, I usually get enough for two decent sized margaritas for under 100 calories each. Not bad in my opinion! If it's too sour, I'll add a little truvia sweetener. So that's my favorite drink recipe. Hope you find something that works for you!
  • misty3127
    misty3127 Posts: 19
    Options
    Margaritas are my downfall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that sounds like a great recipe :) I will have to try it out!

thanks all for the great thougths so far!
  • jjtl0811
    jjtl0811 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm luckly not a drinker! I drink maybe 2x a year. I've heard though that spakling water and MIO mixed with liquor is great. You can use different flavors and just go with it.
  • charcharbing
    charcharbing Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I try not to waste calories on drinks..but if I was out and really wanted one I would probably go for Bloody Mary which can run around 130 calories, Martini, Vodka and Diet Cranberry, :drinker:
  • lyllajoe
    lyllajoe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My skinnier margarita is fantastic and honestly I don't miss those sugary margies anymore since I discovered this little gem of a recipe.

1/4 packet of crystal light lemonade mix (single serving)
    2 teaspoons lime juice
    2 shots of Tequila

Mix ingredients together. Fill with ice and top with Sprite Zero (usually about 1/2 can for a 16 oz drink). Enjoy!
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    Vodka and Pomegranate cherry crystal light. So good.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Double Jameson, neat. (pour it in the glass, and hand it to me)

138 calories of goooood times.
  • MinkyMoo13
    MinkyMoo13 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    aw man i hear you!!!!
  • tizzie_14
    tizzie_14 Posts: 72
    Options
    Grey Goose over ice with a lime. :)
  • twistofcain
    twistofcain Posts: 190
    Options
    Double Jameson, neat. (pour it in the glass, and hand it to me)

138 calories of goooood times.

Yes please.
  • Cattwalk
    Cattwalk Posts: 8
    Options
    Alcohol is the worst enemy.

1. Margaritas etc can be 500 calories or more. The triple sec adds more sugars and calories. Try to make them without triple sec, and rather than a sweet mixer, try a diet lime soda for the mixer.

2. Cosmopolitans can be about 300. The cranberry, triplesec, and flavored vodkas have extra sugars. Try a cranberry and vodka. At home, I can buy Diet cranberry with 0 calories and mix it with plain vodka and add fresh lime or lemon to it, or even mint leaf.

3. Mojitos can be refreshing and light if made right. Again, watch the simple syrup or mixers added that can have lots of sugar. Use clear rum with club soda, fresh lime and a diet lemon lime soda to replace the simple syrup.

4. Beers can be 150 calories, such as leinenkugels. Stick to light beers. MG 64 is the lowest I've found. Corona light is 99. Miller light is 96.

5. Wine has less calories, but watch the size glass you drink from, 60 calories can turn to 120 in a large wine goblet. Wine spritzers can cut the calories in half. Use half wine with half diet lemon lime soda, or club soda with an orange, lemon or lime for flavor.
  • catinhounstooth
    Options
    This one's a little time consuming, but my favorite to drink at home. A shot of bourbon (I use Maker's Mark), a pinch of orange zest, and a little grated fresh ginger go in the shaker with ice, shake really well, strain, and then pour over ice and add club soda.

You could also omit the ginger and just use diet ginger ale instead of club soda, but it's not quite as good.

Oh right. 100 calories if you use 1 1/2 ounces of bourbon.
  • LynneM150
    LynneM150 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    a glass of prosecco or cava (125ml) is about 100 cals and I always think it feels quite a treat so I tend to drink it slower
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Look for calorie free mixers. I like gin and diet tonic. You can also get calorie free margarita mix or sweet and sour mix. If you like Cranberry juice you can use Ocean Spray light for 40 cal per serving, or even the full on Diet Cranberry for 5 cals per serving. Vodka and diet cran with a lime squeeze is a great refresher.
  • I like vodka or gin with club soda and extra lemon and/or lime.