I really want some ... ICE CREAM!!

Options
zombilishious
zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
I mean, seriously. The devil is embarrassed that Louisville is hotter right now. My kids get popscicles, ice cream, gooey, sticky, cold, yummy goodies. I really want some too!!! So, please give me all of your "skinny" ice cream replacement ideas!!!

Replies

• HisShadow
    HisShadow Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow White Chocolate Mint Truffle bars. 100 cals each.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Dryers (or Edys in some areas) fruit bars are 80 calories each. I get the combo pack at Costco - grape, lemon, tangerine and strawberry - perfect on a hot day. And if it fits in my calories for the day (and sometimes even if it doesn't :tongue:), I'll have a serving of Breyers - most of their ice creams are natural with a short list of ingredients. Love their Natural Vanilla with fresh strawberries or peaches on top. So good!
  • Jamers1213
    Jamers1213 Posts: 16
    Options
    Cut up a banana or two as they turn brown, pop em in the freezer for a while. Then put them in the blender, it'll look like gravel then begin to get smooth.

Seriously, BEST replacement for ice cream. Tastes just like it, and is sweet.
  • kklemarow
    kklemarow Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Cut up a banana or two as they turn brown, pop em in the freezer for a while. Then put them in the blender, it'll look like gravel then begin to get smooth.

Seriously, BEST replacement for ice cream. Tastes just like it, and is sweet.

This!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I'll second the Skinny Cow ice cream (esp. their ice cream sandwiches) but if you're looking for something even lighter frozen grapes are pretty tasty.
  • HopeytheHopester
    HopeytheHopester Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    slim fast has really good dessert bars. try fiber 1 90 cal brownies! They're so freakin' good!;)
  • PAZlady
    PAZlady Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    We have a Golden Spoon Frozen Yogurt place here and it's much better than Ice Cream anyday! Just watch the size and toppings.
  • Charliebarleymo
    Options
    I have been reading about Frozen Banana Ice-cream today which sounds great. Peel and freeze bananas, then put them through a blender until they are smooth, then eat. Apparently it tastes amazing, and just like ice cream! You can throw in honey, nuts, cocoa, protein powder, peanut butter, other fruits etc.

I haven't tried it myself yet - the bananas have only just gone in the freezer!

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-creamy-ice-cream-w-93414
  • lachele676
    Options
    I AM SURE YOU WILL LOVE THIS. TRY GRAHAM CRACKER HONEY AND WHIP CREAM. PLACE IN THE FREEZER FOR 30 MINS AND ENJOY. EVERYONE I HAVE TOLD THIS RECIPE HAVE LOOOOOVED IT.
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Rita's Italian Ice has FF Custard and its delish. 237 calories/0 fat for a regular size.
    What about self serve frozen yogurt - usually about 20 calories per ounce
    Oh and there are some slow churn brands (i.e. Eddy's) that are great.
    Hope that helps
  • IAmCorStar
    IAmCorStar Posts: 11
    Options
    Eat the full fat,full sugar ice cream. Just eat a few small bites slowly and savor it. In my opinion, this is much for satisfying than a whole tub of the "healthy" substitutes. If its not just a craving but actual hunger, then just also have something more nutritionally rounded like a nonfat greek yogurt with fruit.
  • _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    Pour Kifer into the homemade popscicle "cups", or just a paper cup. Add fruit if desired. Freeze.

Or, here are recipes for different Kefir ice cream flavors: http://www.culturesforhealth.com/kefir-ice-cream-recipe

I've also found that just adding frozen berries...and a t. of honey if desired...to Greek yogurt makes it cold, and yummy enough, to pass as ice cream.
  • bellydancer915
    bellydancer915 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Frozen yogurt!!!! Just skip topping and if you want tthem add fruit and watch the size! There is a place that is here by me that has lower calorie yogurt options that are super yummy!!!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    If you have a Trader Joe's in your area - they have these delicious frozen banana slices dipped in dark chocolate - they taste like little ice cream bites! Or you could make your own.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Eat the full fat,full sugar ice cream. Just eat a few small bites slowly and savor it.

Do it! Just go for the triple chocolate chunky monkey. Enjoy it reasonably and log the calories. It's not a sin.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Sugar free popsicles (popsicle brand) arent bad and I hate sugar free everything (Im sorry but splenda just tastes GROSS) and they are only 15 calories

I cant think of the name of the brand but I just bought yogurt popsicles that are only 70 calories (and the size of an ice cream bar) at BJs. Some of the weight watchers and skinny cow ones are only 90-100 calories as well.

Obviously these arent healthy or clean but one here or there isnt gonna hurt you. And I like the individually packaged ones because portion control is taken care of for me :-)
  • MuffRuff
    MuffRuff Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I eat Dryer's Slow Churned ice cream, usually mint chocolate chip.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I have been reading about Frozen Banana Ice-cream today which sounds great. Peel and freeze bananas, then put them through a blender until they are smooth, then eat. Apparently it tastes amazing, and just like ice cream! You can throw in honey, nuts, cocoa, protein powder, peanut butter, other fruits etc.

Very true. Banana ice cream is delicious. It does taste best with slightly overripe bananas, though. Ice cream from bananas that are still a bit green is just rank.
    My favourite is banana-strawberry ice cream. Banana-coffee ice cream is also delicious.
    I use a machine called "yonanas", though. I bought this because I was afraid my blender would break from the ice. This machine is made to make ice cream out of frozen fruit and is quite a bit sturdier and quicker than my blender. You can find some recipes on the yonanas website, if you are lacking inspiration.

You can also make a healthier and delicious popsicle out of fruit. Just put some (non-frozen) fruit in a blender until smooth. Then poor it through a wire mesh strainer, to get out all the bits and seeds, and then put it in a plastic cup (or those popsicle makers) and put a tea spoon or popsicle stick in and freeze it.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Walmart has Sweet Freedom ice creams on a stick. Raspberry inside covered in choclate. 100 or 110 calories a piece.

Blue Bell Fruit Bars. Coconut is my new "to die for" treat, but the strawberry and peach are great, too. Strawberry and Peach are 60 calories a pice. I think the coconut may be more, like 100 cals.
  • Charliebarleymo
    Options

Very true. Banana ice cream is delicious. It does taste best with slightly overripe bananas, though. Ice cream from bananas that are still a bit green is just rank.
    My favourite is banana-strawberry ice cream. Banana-coffee ice cream is also delicious.
    I use a machine called "yonanas", though. I bought this because I was afraid my blender would break from the ice. This machine is made to make ice cream out of frozen fruit and is quite a bit sturdier and quicker than my blender. You can find some recipes on the yonanas website, if you are lacking inspiration.

You can also make a healthier and delicious popsicle out of fruit. Just put some (non-frozen) fruit in a blender until smooth. Then poor it through a wire mesh strainer, to get out all the bits and seeds, and then put it in a plastic cup (or those popsicle makers) and put a tea spoon or popsicle stick in and freeze it.

Ooh thanks! I'm off to look at yonanas right now while my bananas freeze... :drinker:

5 minutes later... Great site, but I can't buy one here in the UK :sad: