P90X or Chalene Extreme

Options
I am thinking about buying either P90X or Chalene Extreme...anyone have any feedback on which is a better choice?

Replies

• calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    It depends if you like working out for 45 minutes then Chalean. If you like an hour or more p90x!
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I personally love Insanity by Beachbody.
  • samwal81
    Options
    What are your goals? This will help determine which program is better for you.
  • charlo2010
    Options
    I have personally never tried either ----HOWEVER my friend who is a police officer SWEARS by P90X! Loves it, loves it, loves it!
    She says its the best thing and the only thing to get her to the point of fitness she wants to be at. That's the only testimonial I can offer you.
  • Stephomie
    Stephomie Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've done both, well, Insanity, also. It really depends on your goals, if you are just getting started, Chalean is certainly less intense and geared more toward women - lots of moves to tone/sculpt arms and shoulders as well as hips/thighs. P90X is more intense, more upper body work but a fantastic nutrition guide to help you make the right decisions regarding food choices. Insanity is just that - insane cardio. Good luck. If you go to the Beachbody website, you can compare the workouts and determine which is best for you. Chalean would be a great primer for P90X.

Stephanie
  • s_sanchez
    Options
    Thanks for the comments. I would like to tone up, reduce body fat and lose weight (in that order). The only exercise I'm currently doing is running about 10-15 miles a week. I'm in pretty good shape although I don't have a very strong upper body.

I'm fine with either a 45 min or 1 hour workout, I don't really have time for much more then that though. It's been a couple months since I did any weight training, would it be hard to jump right into P90X?
  • Stephomie
    Stephomie Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    If you've done some resistance training in the past, you should be able to do the workouts, and make modifications along the way. I would suggest Chalean to start with, considering you aren't doing anything real intense right now. Do your 3 months of that, then see if you're ready for something more intense, like P90X. I just got the Chalean Deluxe & Accelerated Fat Burn workouts in the mail today, I previewed them, and can't wait to add them in to my mix of P90X and Insanity. Good luck. Just remember, doing something is ALWAYS better than doing nothing at all!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I do ChaLean Extreme...and I think it is great. I have lost inches, lost weight, and toned up! I've never tried P90, but for me I love ChaLean and I can always push myself and increase my weights. I've been into exercise and fitness for many years. I would typically go the gym and lift weights. But, I find that I've had the most success with ChaLean. I think you'd like it. I also like that they are 30-45 minutes...because I typically mix those in with my cardio workouts. The ChaLean Extreme also includes "Ab Burner" and "Extreme Abs"...and they are extreme..haha! Hope that helps! Either way you can't go wrong...I've heard P90 is also an outstanding program. Have fun!
  • healthworks
    Options
    I am thinking about ordering ChaLean Extreme... is it a program you do ~everyday~ for 90 days? I have done JM 30 days Shred, off & on....how does it compare to difficulty? THANKS!!