New to this site

Options
Hi all, My name is Megan. I am a 32 yr. old mother of 2 boys and a wife of 7 yrs. I have been overweight almost all my life and now have been diagnosed with high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I now have to tell myself it is all or nothing. Any help or advice you could give would be greatly appreciated. I'm ready for a whole new me!

Replies

• Mommabee
    Mommabee Posts: 103
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site, lots of support and it's so easy to use! You've come to the right place for help in reaching your goals.
    The best thing I can tell you to do is be honest with yourself and log everything, EVERYTHING, you eat. It really helps to see the actual numbers on what we are putting in our mouths, it will really suprise you, trust me! Make sure you drink lots and lots of water too, I've heard that you should drink half your body weight in ounces everyday. And of course, exercise! That's the hardest part for me, but I try to do as much as I can.
    I wish you lots of luck, I know you can do this!
    Hugs!!!
  • MadWorld
    MadWorld Posts: 200
    Options
    Hi. :)

I like what's already been said... start exercising and logging in every single thing you eat (even if you have a bad day-- log it). It's hard at first, but eventually it gets to be habit. Good luck!
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Megan,
    Just paying attention to portion size (what REALLY is a serving?) started me off very well. That, and paying CLOSE attention to sodium. I don't keep it under most days:grumble: , but paying attention helps me keep it lower than it would be otherwise! (It's much lower than it used to be!:bigsmile: )

As the others have already said, WATER! (Luckily, I happen to know where you can find some decent tasting water just down the hall from your room!:wink: )

We'll do it together!

Lisa