Sneaky exercise tips

Options
Does anyone have some sneaky ways they try to fit some exercise into their day in case they can't make it to the gym? For me I know whenever I'm folding clothes instead of sitting on the couch I pace back and forth and then slide them into my dresser. It's not a lot of calorie burning but I'm moving my body :)

Replies

• bertybridger
    Options
    My ex used to have a cheap exercise bike and she would try to keep going all the way through her favorite soap on TV none stop for about 1/2hr.

When my son was young I used to cross my legs, get him to sit on my leg and do leg raises while watching tv, at 12 years old now he is way to big. lol
  • wonderkitten711
    wonderkitten711 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    One of the shows I watch had this tip: when you're watching television, on every commercial break do 15 squats, 15 crunches and 15 pushups. By the end of one half hour of television you've done 45 of each exercise, which is not so shabby at all.
  • Chowder_17
    Chowder_17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Every commercial break do some push-up/crunches/jumping jacks, etc.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    chair sits while you brush your teeth, my sink is low so it totally helps, bicep curls while carting heavy items, lunges while walking to/from your car, down the hallway, wherever you can without looking like a total weirdo. lunch break yoga, maybe learn the sun salutation and do 4-5 rounds. obviously taking the stairs instead of an elevator/escalator at all times. parking your car in the furthest parking spot in the lot. there are tons of ways to squeeze out those extra cals! :)

23mAiZR.jpg23mAm7.png
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have a weighted hula hoop, so if I snack after logging ...5 calories/min!
  • jaeysson
    jaeysson Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Instead of a chair at my desk I use one of those big fitness balls. Simply balancing yourself on it all day works out your legs and core.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have some sneaky ways they try to fit some exercise into their day in case they can't make it to the gym? For me I know whenever I'm folding clothes instead of sitting on the couch I pace back and forth and then slide them into my dresser. It's not a lot of calorie burning but I'm moving my body :)

I've altered my household chores to be ridiculously inefficient.......I make extra trips back and forth for every chore I can :)
  • broomnic
    broomnic Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Just made me think, I used to do 25 squats each time I go to the bathroom, if you drink plenty that's a lot of squats throughout the day. I'm starting this again tomorrow !
  • macey333
    macey333 Posts: 42
    Options
    Use a hairbrush as a microphone and dance to songs from your spotify playlist, when alone in your house.....at least thats what I do :) Another one is do crazy dancing in the elevator alone, to make up for not taking the stairs (warning: does require extremely careful timing) Also set up little forfeits for yourself when you cheat, e.g. 1 chocolate bar= 100 jumping jacks xx
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Park as far away as you can. I'm always a little confused by people who shark for parking at the gym when there's obviously no weather related need there are handicap spots available if that's an issue.
  • CKAatKOC
    CKAatKOC Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    One of the shows I watch had this tip: when you're watching television, on every commercial break do 15 squats, 15 crunches and 15 pushups. By the end of one half hour of television you've done 45 of each exercise, which is not so shabby at all.

I love this idea and will try it out thanks, Great job!!!! on your weight loss I hope to be right behind you soon keep up the good work!!!!
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Park as far as you can from whatever building you are going to. Use stairs instead of elevator / escalators whenever possible.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Dancing while Ironing or washing up. :smile: