Sweet potato chips

Options
EmmaR25
EmmaR25 Posts: 33 Member
I love sweet potatoes. My fave way to have them at the mo is to cut them up into chips, put some coconut oil on a baking tray and toss the chips until they are coated in the oil, small sprinkle of salt and they taste yum!

Replies

• hilarysgiants
    hilarysgiants Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    How long do you bake them and at what temp?
  • EmmaR25
    Options
    Ah! Quite important 25mins at 180c
  • dhoddy
    dhoddy Posts: 35
    Options
    That's awesome! I will definitely be trying this! I'm assuming the cooking rules are the same for redskin potatoes? (Boyfriend doesn't like sweet potatoes, so maybe i can make chips we both like!)
  • EmmaR25
    Options
    Yeah i've done it with other pots too, i find though that they take a little bit longer to cook through, probably about 40mins in total.
  • verbifyvenus
    verbifyvenus Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I like my sweet potato chips with kosher salt and cayenne pepper :)
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I love sweet potatoes. My fave way to have them at the mo is to cut them up into chips, put some coconut oil on a baking tray and toss the chips until they are coated in the oil, small sprinkle of salt and they taste yum!

Where are you getting your coconut oil from? I haven't seen it anywhere in the UK!

I love Sweet Potato chips (fries), but usually end up with wedges because my cutting technique is awful! I bought some pre-cut ones from Asda the other day and was shocked that the container was 455 calories! My homemade ones were definitely better!