Allergic to Deodorant

Options
I know this is kind of random and I wasn't sure which topic to post it under but i was wondering if anyone else has had issues with allergies and deodorant. For years now I've been trying new types of deodorant/antiperspirant but have been allergic to most of them. So far I've tried dove, secret, degree, old spice, ban, and have been allergic to all of them. Has anyone else had this problem and found a deodorant that you don't react to but is still a good working deodorant?? I workout constantly and the best one I've found so far was degree motion activated but unfortunately I'm allergic so I can't continue using it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I was allergic or not, but I had a problem to the point they made me itch like mad. I use Arm&Hammer Ultra-Max Antiperspirant deodorant now and it hasn't bothered me.
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My bff has the same problem. She uses a big crystal thing.
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options

I'm guessing an alum block? I use it on my face for cuts or nicks when shaving; makes sense since it kills bacteria. Not a good anti persperent but deoderant yes.
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    what about Mitchum or Tom's
  • normalme
    normalme Posts: 6
    Options

Yeah pitrock... or pitroc or something. It's like an odourless mineral block thing, you use it when you're still wet from the shower or splash water on the end, it's really good!
  • jrmc83
    jrmc83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I had to use unscented dove for a long time. The scented stuff gave me a rash. Maybe a sensitive skin formula?
  • JD2000
    JD2000 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    IA with sensitive skin and unscented deoderents.Maybe even something organic/natural. The fewer ingredients the better. Tom's makes a good one.

I am allergic to pretty much everything with scents. Scents are not good for your body as it's a foreign substance absorbed into your skin. It builds up and after awhile you can become allergic. I use unscented everything (soaps, shampoos, lotions, laundry detergent, etc.) You really have to read labels though. I thought Method Free & Clear Laundry Detergent would be good, but it turns out there is a nice warning label for allergies on it. To me that's not Free & Clear.