A book that changed my LIFE!!!!

Options
Ok, so I read a book called Food:the good girl's drug By Sunny Sea Gold. Seriously, this woman has me DOWN. her words could have been written by me. After years and years (in fact I dont remember a time when I DIDNT struggle with this) of struggling with binge eating disorder, but not talking about it, labeling it, learning about it or asking for help I finally have HOPE! So much hope now. I have tools and exercises to begin to face this looming thing in my life. the thing that is holding me back from being my true self, following my dreams and goals, and being truly happy. I am going to start the road to recover, because I WANT IT SO SO BAD!! If you are like me, and have ever wondered WHY you feel so hopeless, helpless and out of control when it comes to food...pick up this book. seriously. It just might be as lifesaving for you as it is for me. My next challenge to tackle is to tell my family, and get the help that I need to recover, but at least now I have a beginning.

Replies

• khaleesinoodlebelly
    khaleesinoodlebelly Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Definitely looking for some hope--will look for this book :)
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    Just orded it from Amazon. Thankyou
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    Thankyou so much for posting. I have already read the entire book and it was exactly me the last 20 years. I had a few years I guess you would call "recovery" before my 3rd child and I remember how awesome it felt. I dont know how to get back to that (after my 3rd and trying to lose i began to fall back again) but this book and the other recommeneded reading will help.

AGAIN THANKYOU SO MUCH!!!
  • GoGoSuku
    GoGoSuku Posts: 63
    Options
    I'll definitely have to read this book, ordering it next pay day!
  • HealthierAndFitterMe
    HealthierAndFitterMe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    glad to hear that you are heading down a better road ! hope everything goes well for you & keep fighting girl ! (: