Calories should i be using them all up?

Options
hey all iv been looking around and there was a topic i can't find it now saying how many Calories do you use i think it was
anyways just want to know how many people use all the Calories up everyday and how many cute them down.
hows that working for you this is my first time on here and i need all the tips and help i can get thanks hope to hear from someone soon

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    You can experiment a little bit with calories, but it's a good idea to start with the MFP recommendation and see how that works.

1200 per day is generally accepted as a minimum- less than that and you'll find it difficult to get the proper nutrition your body needs.
  • gbreedwell
    gbreedwell Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is the BASIC. That's the resting rate of an average human being in the terms of calories burned. If you laid in bed, all day long you'd burn about 1200 calories. Those 1200 calories are burned by walking, talking, heart beating, moving, shifting, etc. BASIC. HUMAN. THINGS. <1200 calories/day = starving yourself. Bad juju.

What is your maximum that you have set right now for caloric intake?
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is the BASIC. That's the resting rate of an average human being in the terms of calories burned. If you laid in bed, all day long you'd burn about 1200 calories. Those 1200 calories are burned by walking, talking, heart beating, moving, shifting, etc. BASIC. HUMAN. THINGS. <1200 calories/day = starving yourself. Bad juju.

What is your maximum that you have set right now for caloric intake?

Most people burn MORE than 1,200 calories per day even if they just laid in bed and didn't move all day.

Find out what your BMR is and that's the amount of calories you burn doing nothing at all but laying in bed. There are multipliers to give you an estimate of the calories you'd burn doing daily activities (when setting up goals here it will tell you that).

Set your weight loss goal to about a pound a week and go by those calories.